U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
 
Location: A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
427 posts, read 429,452 times
Reputation: 344

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Even though I always hated the celtics, back in the 1980s I admired them because they didn't have cheer leaders, they wore black shoes, and they had a reputation of playing fundamental basketball.

That's all changed.

Now, they're just another team.
So, what you're saying now is "Rah, rah, sis boom bah, go Lakers!!" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,346 posts, read 80,765,097 times
Reputation: 17411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y'all smile now! Grandpa? View Post
So, what you're saying now is "go Lakers!!" ?
Yes.

Tomorrow at this time I will either be very bummed out and the game will make this thread

Most Dissapointing LA Sports losses


or very happy and the game will make this thread

Best LA Sports Victories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,364,641 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I find it funny that the Boston Globe always has extensive photos of Hollywood celebrities at Staples Center. It's like they 'go ga ga' over movie stars. In LA, no one pays any attention to the number of celebrities in the audience since it is so common. It think Boston is a bit less sophisticated.
thats the biggest lie ever, and also it would make sense since boston doesnt have any type of Hollywood culture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,364,641 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Even though I always hated the celtics, back in the 1980s I admired them because they didn't have cheer leaders, they wore black shoes, and they had a reputation of playing fundamental basketball.

That's all changed.

Now, they're just another team.
why did you even waste your time writing this nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 PM
 
Location: South Bay
7,091 posts, read 18,421,358 times
Reputation: 3323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
why did you even waste your time writing this nonsense?
...because the Celtics have cry babies like Paul Pierce on their team now that have totally ruined any credibility that they once had in the 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,828,956 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
thats the biggest lie ever, and also it would make sense since boston doesnt have any type of Hollywood culture
Why do you say it is a "lie"? I suggest you check the Boston Globe sports section before accusing me of lying! It you don't agree then prove me wrong, Bostonian. You seem as crude as borish Celtic fans who throw garbage!

NBA Finals: Celebrities and the scene - Boston.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
787 posts, read 1,623,490 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
o yea i am because celtics took the lakers out in game 2 at staples, and on top of that won 2 out of the three games in boston, and to make it better celtics have not allowed lakers to win back to back games.

NEXT

btw i know celtics will step their game up , and i hope they take the trophy and continue the legacy of the celtics being the father of the lakers.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO CELTICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Trying not to laugh at how you COMPLETELY dodged what I actually objected to in your post.

You couldn't make it on a 3rd grade debate team.....

Last edited by SoCal35; 06-16-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,346 posts, read 80,765,097 times
Reputation: 17411
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
...because the Celtics have cry babies like Paul Pierce

They did have Danny Ainge in the 1980s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
787 posts, read 1,623,490 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
They did have Danny Ainge in the 1980s.

Ainge was the BIGGEST cry baby of them all......never could stand that guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,364,641 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
...because the Celtics have cry babies like Paul Pierce on their team now that have totally ruined any credibility that they once had in the 80s.
cry babies? laker fans have no right to even speak about cry babies. in fact the last team that should ever talk about cry babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top