U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:01 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,043,542 times

Advertisements

We just drink from the filter on our refrigerator (which of course gets its water from the tap).

It's perfectly good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 06:47 PM

890 posts, read 1,511,858 times
The tap water is fine for cooking, and occasional drinking when I'm too lazy to go downstairs in the middle of the night and need to take a pill/meds.

Sometimes, there is a stronger smell of chlorine. Sometimes the taste is stronger.

I have water filter for making ice in the fridge, and a spout in the kitchen sink.

I buy 2pack Arrowhead 2.5 gal bottled water from CostCo for $4.26 + 0.20 redemption

Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 PM

762 posts, read 1,047,562 times
My first apartment in LA, the water would come out yellow/orange in the mornings from the dirty rusty pipes. I don't drink tap water. I asked the landlord about this issue and she said many apartments have this problem but I guess those are mainly the older apartments. I wouldn't drink tap water out here regardless of old or new apartment.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,474 times
Water plays many important roles within the body. [url=http://www.europeanhydrationinstitute.org]Water[/url]is the major part of most of the body's cells (except for fat cells) and it also cushions and lubricates the brain and the joints.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM

3,357 posts, read 2,980,321 times
filtration plants in the LA area really have to work much harder than other cities since LA gets so little rain during the year

Old 08-27-2012, 04:06 PM

2,396 posts, read 2,656,358 times
I have not had a glass of plain water (tap or bottled) in over five years.
I put a pitcher of tap water in the fridge, and buy a gallon of tampico fruit drink at my local market.
Out of the container the fruit drink is so sweet, it has to be diluted with water.
I use an empty gallon jug to dilute the gallon of fruit drink by 50%.
So in essence, I am getting 2 gallons for the price of one.
It is so much better than drinking plain ole water.
I never found bottle water to have any taste at all except one brand, and that tasted bitter.
I will stick with what works for me.

Bob.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:26 PM

454 posts, read 766,341 times
This is the most hilarious thing:

Person A: "Oh my gosh, I just could never drink tap water! I only like my bottled water like Dasani or Aquafina which is SOOO much safer. People DIE from tap water"

Me: "You realize Dasani and Aquafina are tap water??? They take a plastic bottle that costs them 2 cents. Then they "filter" the tap water out of a sink and put a cap on it for about 1 cent. Then they ship it to stores, which is 4 cents. Then they turn around and put it in a vending machine and sell it to you for $1 and make $.93 of profit."..... "And they do all of this under less regulations and are allowed to have more harmful particles in the water because its regulated by the FDA, instead of Tap Water's EPA regulation."

Person A: "LIES!!! Dasani is SOOO pure. It has to be safer! They would never re-package tap water and sell it to me for a huge markup like that!"

--I can understand if people have taste issues in areas where the water has sulfur or something, but tap water in general in Southern California is extremely safe. The low level of regulation in the bottled water industry compared to tap water should be alarming.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 999 times
hi guys! only calguy's post is correct in 50%, because tap water contains micro elements whereas bottled water does not. the lack of micro elements is a risk for many diseases in human's body. dont drink bottled water constantly!

mbhh CA

Last edited by mbhh; 06-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: 1

Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 999 times
hi guys! only calguy's post is correct in 50% because tap water contains micro elements whereas bottled water does not. the lack of micro elements is a risk for many diseases in human's body. dont drink bottled water constantly. it is especially dangerous for seniors.

MARTIN CA

Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 PM

29,010 posts, read 9,963,267 times
Harrier pours tap water into a Gatorade bottle.

Does that count as bottled water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles