U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM

9 posts, read 58,141 times

Advertisements

2010la, ExAstris, SouthBayStuff;

Thank you all for your insightful suggestions and concerns My initial reaction to 360 was that its a closed off new community with some great amenities and close to work, walking distance basically. I understand the buying a condo I would have to keep for quite some time and i'm not sure if i would still be in that area or wanting to move elsewhere within a couple of years. With the way the market has been reacting and housing still not stablized, I am now a bit weary of what the future may hold for 360 and it's pricing/market value. With that said, I have been looking for some 1 bd apartments in new units, though not much in that area at all. I've seen some roommate situations at Fusion, but I'd rather have my own place if possible and would be willing to pay up to $2000 a month for rent. Well, the search goes on and I'll keep this link updated with updates Thanks all again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,147,908 times
For $2000 a month, you can find a lot of nice places to rent in Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach and even El Segundo (Beach side).

Heck, you can rent right on the beach for that price.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:50 PM

Hi again all

Okay, so I've accepted a position in El Segundo and should be down there by late October. I've been looking at renting at some newer apartments, but rents seem to be around $1600 for a secured and newer place. I've been looking at Playa Del Oro near LAX and it seems very nice. I'll be in town next week to look at 360Southbay again and how competitive their pricing has changed. Any leads on newer modern townhomes or newer condos within driving distance to one of the aerospace companies in El Segundo would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 PM

3,162 posts, read 8,328,003 times
Playa Vista?

Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM

106 posts, read 341,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010la View Post
ThreeSixty is a great community. It's gated, it's close to the beach and it's got resort style recreation that includes a fully equipped gym. You can come home and walk to your own gym in this private community and forget about the hassle of having to commute. I also like the pools and the lounge with flat screen TVs, billiard tables and comfortable furniture - a great place to kick back and watch the playoffs. If I were you I would go check out the models and the private amenities.
Thanks for the sales pitch.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,791,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsphere View Post
Hi again all

Okay, so I've accepted a position in El Segundo and should be down there by late October. I've been looking at renting at some newer apartments, but rents seem to be around $1600 for a secured and newer place. I've been looking at Playa Del Oro near LAX and it seems very nice. I'll be in town next week to look at 360Southbay again and how competitive their pricing has changed. Any leads on newer modern townhomes or newer condos within driving distance to one of the aerospace companies in El Segundo would be much appreciated! Thank you!
I saw some new stuff around Lincoln and Manchester and also Lincoln and Bluff Creek (north of Manchester).

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 PM

336 posts, read 1,220,954 times
Hi - I cannot offer any advice since I do not live out there anymore. But I am hoping that you will let us know what you decided on after your next visit and also let us know how you like it (wherever you choose to live) and what you think of the area after moving in.

I hope you enjoy your new job and home and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions I'll be visiting some rental such as Playa del Oro and others down by the Marina del Rey area and of course 360. Will keep you posted as they may be beneficial to others who may be in the same situation as myself.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,306,480 times
Be warned that if you work south of the 105, living north of the airport will create a troublesome traffic situation. I suggest you attempt Sepulveda and also La Cienega south at around 730am and again north at around 430pm before you attempt living in Marina Del Rey. Particularly the ride on Sepulveda through the tunnel under Century Bl will not be fun.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM

1,725 posts, read 5,938,511 times
JohnG. I don't understand your concern. If he lives north of the 105 and is traveling south to get to work and north returning home, the OP is traveling against traffic so it's not too bad. A good alternate route, however, is west on Imperial Hwy to Pershing Dr. (55mph!), behind LAX to Culver blvd. It's a bit round about, but not slogged in traffic either. If you're feeling coastal, skip Pershing and go all the way to Vista del Mar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles