U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM

1 posts, read 7,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsphere View Post
Hello All!

I may be moving to SoCal later on this summer dependent on a job. I was there in El Segundo last weekend and saw a new development called threesixty@Southbay. (El Segundo Homes, West Los Angeles Real Estate, South Bay Condos - Threesixty at South Bay). Can anyone give some valuable advice in purchasing a 1 bedroom flat in this economy and in the South Bay area? I would be working at Northrop and this would be walking distance to work. Some questions I do have are:

1. Is this a safe area for walking around?
2. Should I be paying what seems to be a premium for the Southbay area?

Some quick pricing plans:

the flats - plan 1
Price: Priced from $376,990
SqFt: 957
Bedrooms: Studio

Bathrooms: 1

the flats - plan 4
Price: Priced from $471,990
SqFt: 1,323
Bedrooms: 1

Bathrooms: 1.5

Thank you in advance for all your help!
Hello,

We actually looked at this condos as well and we love it! Although it is right next to 405 freeway, its pretty quite inside the property. You cannot hear any noise from the freeway but most probably you will hear planes once in a while since the location is close to LAX.

Our opinion with the condo is actually pretty nice. Like I said, we love it! We were looking at 1 bedroom at first but we decided it would be better to get a 2 bed unit since were planning to have kids in the future anyways. Price is a bit pricey and HOA is pretty high but if money is not a problem you should be fine. It is perfect location for you. My boyfriend works at Boeing by LAX and it is also a great location for us since its only 8 mins away. I also suggest to get 1 bedroom instead of a studio since you are purchasing a condo. I just don't think its worth it to pay that much for a studio unit. But then again, its up to you.

Also that area is pretty safe. My bf and I used to rent a house around that area and it is very safe and also convenient since you are really close to Costco, some small resto, coffee shop, malls, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM

4,028 posts, read 8,297,103 times
I can't find any current(within the past three months MLS listings) sales within the past three months.

Judging by the days on market of units for sale, along with the monumental price shaves of other nearby buildings, anyone who bought in 2010 is likely in pretty deep doo doo.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM

120 posts, read 408,106 times
i work in ES. ES gave that land away to hawthorne once it turned residential. They didnt want it. So 360 South Bay is really 360 Hawthorne. as other posters said, its safe, but what a terrible location. backed by el segundo blvd, aviation, and the 405 freeway! Ouch. 70,000 workers enter ES everyday. Plus I heard they have tandem parking for the units. and the HOA was over 500 when they first tried to sell them years ago? Pretty sure the HOA went down though...

Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 34,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I can't find any current(within the past three months MLS listings) sales within the past three months.

Judging by the days on market of units for sale, along with the monumental price shaves of other nearby buildings, anyone who bought in 2010 is likely in pretty deep doo doo.
How about this one?

5341 OCEAN #105, Hawthorne, CA 90250 | MLS# S666915

Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 6,528 times
These properties are surrounded with big train track and air traffic from LAX ,and Hawthorn municipal air traffic daily, we moved in as sneaky sales people told us there will be minimum noise but every day and night I kick myself as a big chevron train passes by my living room at 10 am and 4 pm ! Not only it shakes the building foundation it blows its horn so loud that I jump 2 feet up! Look at the video I took.
Asking me I would say these properties are priced way above the value by 2 folds ... stay away, dont get fooled.

They trick you that units are all sold but you will soon see they put them in for sales list one by one! Trickery at fullest extent.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye4S0T4DDzM]Chevron Tanker Train in Hawthorne, CA - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by josephmalkom; 03-25-2013 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM

13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
I've driven by that development lots of times - they're delusional. I imagine the only people who purchased there were not familiar with the area. The property is in the city of Hawthorne, famous for corruption and the lousiest school districts in the entire South Bay. The prices are ridiculous, at least $100k over what the should be.

There is another development that is relatively new that is just south of the Airport Courthouse, but I wouldn't live there either unless you want to be footsteps from all the action any time Lindsey Lohan has a court appearance. Helicopters buzzing around in addition to the everyday airport noise pollution.

If the OP is still reading, not sure if he's still around as it looks like a new shill for 360 rekindled this thread from the dead, please let us know if you're still in the market for RE. The agent who posted earlier in the thread was actually pretty accurate about resale value and sellability (yes, that's my word for marketable).

Old 07-13-2013, 05:40 PM

16 posts, read 25,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've driven by that development lots of times - they're delusional. I imagine the only people who purchased there were not familiar with the area. The property is in the city of Hawthorne, famous for corruption and the lousiest school districts in the entire South Bay. The prices are ridiculous, at least $100k over what the should be.

There is another development that is relatively new that is just south of the Airport Courthouse, but I wouldn't live there either unless you want to be footsteps from all the action any time Lindsey Lohan has a court appearance. Helicopters buzzing around in addition to the everyday airport noise pollution.

If the OP is still reading, not sure if he's still around as it looks like a new shill for 360 rekindled this thread from the dead, please let us know if you're still in the market for RE. The agent who posted earlier in the thread was actually pretty accurate about resale value and sellability (yes, that's my word for marketable).
I have read this thread and am looking for advice about moving to the area as well. I am military and will likely work at Aerospace Park (just south of LA AFB) and would like to be close to work and the beaches. I am looking at a max in the range of $600-$650k, and would prefer something newer. I can't see living in anything under 1,000 s.f. (or a studio for that matter), and have to have at least a one car garage (preferably 2). I have started looking all over the place online, and will likely take a trip to CA in August to do some initial house-hunting. I am currently slated to move to CA in Jan 2014 and appreciate any advice forum members can provide. Thanks!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:44 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,676,077 times
The 360 development is served by the Wiseburn school district, which is not lousy.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM

86 posts, read 61,715 times
Looking into this complex as well - there are some units on the market that are right along the train tracks and while we don't mind them passing by during the day, it would be a problem w/them passing by at night. Anyone have any insight into this? A previous poster said they pass by 10am and 4pm, but said the noise is "day and night." Also, the listing agent told us the train only comes by 3 times a week at noon (but of course, we take that w/a grain of salt...)

Also, we read this article about Chevron's trucks passing by the complex "hundreds of times a day" making tons of noise and creating safety issues.

As for the Wiseburn school district, it looks pretty decent, especially compared to LAUSD schools. The new high school they're building looks promising.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:34 PM

3,162 posts, read 8,320,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguina View Post
Looking into this complex as well - there are some units on the market that are right along the train tracks and while we don't mind them passing by during the day, it would be a problem w/them passing by at night. Anyone have any insight into this? A previous poster said they pass by 10am and 4pm, but said the noise is "day and night." Also, the listing agent told us the train only comes by 3 times a week at noon (but of course, we take that w/a grain of salt...)

Also, we read this article about Chevron's trucks passing by the complex "hundreds of times a day" making tons of noise and creating safety issues.

As for the Wiseburn school district, it looks pretty decent, especially compared to LAUSD schools. The new high school they're building looks promising.
What was the quoted "safety issue"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles