U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:10 PM

9 posts, read 45,640 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I may be moving to SoCal later on this summer dependent on a job. I was there in El Segundo last weekend and saw a new development called threesixty@Southbay. (El Segundo Homes, West Los Angeles Real Estate, South Bay Condos - Threesixty at South Bay). Can anyone give some valuable advice in purchasing a 1 bedroom flat in this economy and in the South Bay area? I would be working at Northrop and this would be walking distance to work. Some questions I do have are:

1. Is this a safe area for walking around?
2. Should I be paying what seems to be a premium for the Southbay area?

Some quick pricing plans:

the flats - plan 1
Price: Priced from $376,990
SqFt: 957
Bedrooms: Studio

Bathrooms: 1

the flats - plan 4
Price: Priced from $471,990
SqFt: 1,323
Bedrooms: 1

Bathrooms: 1.5

Thank you in advance for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 PM

3,129 posts, read 4,843,051 times
I used to give advice on these posts.

However, I'm going to stop. Mostly because context should be found in the next statement I'm about to make.

You are asking advice on a purchase of $375-470K, an amount of money so great you likely don't have it, and likely never will have it in immediate liquid possession, of strangers on an internet board.

Perhaps you should first research the matter on your own.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM

John,

I am not asking for an advice on buying a home but more so asking about the southbay area pricing in general. I specifically asked about 360 because that is near to el segundo. As for having the money or not, you have no idea so don't assume. If you are not able to provide helpful information or provide positive input to this or any other forums I would suggest you troll elsewhere.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,245,374 times
liquidsphere, where, exactly is this. I'm unfamiliar with the development. Everything in the South Bay is a month to month gamble. Generally, the past couple months have seen higher end areas spike a bit. I will put this out there, however . . . even in relative terms, you're looking at a lot of cash for very little physical real estate. Where is this development located?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM

6,245 posts, read 12,057,060 times
those are expensive condos right on the freeway surrounded by offices for aerospace firms. although the beach isn't far, it isn't really a desirable area considering the pollution that is spewed from cars sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405 freeway for half of the day and the constant jet traffic at nearby LAX. new condos also tend to have very high association fees, so you could probably get a detached house for just a bit more and end up paying less monthly.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 13,331 times
IS 6716 CLYBOURN AVE IN NO. hOLLYWOOD SAFE?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 PM

26,362 posts, read 56,100,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsphere View Post
Hello All!

I may be moving to SoCal later on this summer dependent on a job. I was there in El Segundo last weekend and saw a new development called threesixty@Southbay. (El Segundo Homes, West Los Angeles Real Estate, South Bay Condos - Threesixty at South Bay). Can anyone give some valuable advice in purchasing a 1 bedroom flat in this economy and in the South Bay area? I would be working at Northrop and this would be walking distance to work. Some questions I do have are:

1. Is this a safe area for walking around?
2. Should I be paying what seems to be a premium for the Southbay area?

Some quick pricing plans:

the flats - plan 1
Price: Priced from $376,990
SqFt: 957
Bedrooms: Studio

Bathrooms: 1

the flats - plan 4
Price: Priced from $471,990
SqFt: 1,323
Bedrooms: 1

Bathrooms: 1.5

It's pretty nice to the west in a sense as to the west are very professional aerospace neighborhoods and Los Angeles Air Force Base. Supposed to be lots of amenities. A colleague of mine is buying there. Still under construction. Schools are associated with Wiseburn School District, and as I learned from another thread a few weeks ago, there is a charter high school or something notable for those kids too (wouldn't have to attend poorly ranked Hawthorne High School).

On the other hand, there is graffiti immediately to the east as that development isn't that far from Hawthorne and the 405 freeway. Still, I wouldn't say it was dangerous - lots of professional people traffic, buses, and older, fairly kept up homes in the Del Aire neighborhood. So, yes it is a safe area for walking around. There is lots of very nice retail on/near Sepulveda especially south towards Rosecrans and Manhattan Beach. Also, old town El Segundo (Main Street north from El Segundo Blvd) is a very nice place to eat, walk, ice cream, coffee, pizza, etc.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 2,697,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsphere View Post
Hello All!

Its literally right off the freeway, and right next to a set of train tracks. Its very noisy in the area during the day (due to traffic) and at night, you'll be able to hear the traffic from the 405 freeway (there is an exit right next to the area, and the Ramada Hotel there).

Because its in an industrial area, 3 miles from the airport (just follow aviation up, and you're there) there isn't really much to do around the area (immediate).

You'd probably find a better deal in Playa Vista or right in Downtown El Segundo, which is in a better location and away from pollution.

there's also Fusion at South Bay (just further south on Aviation) but you're looking at around $125K more on the price for the same type of unit.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 13,270 times
ThreeSixty is a great community. It's gated, it's close to the beach and it's got resort style recreation that includes a fully equipped gym. You can come home and walk to your own gym in this private community and forget about the hassle of having to commute. I also like the pools and the lounge with flat screen TVs, billiard tables and comfortable furniture - a great place to kick back and watch the playoffs. If I were you I would go check out the models and the private amenities.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Thank you to all that have responded. The location is basically on El Segundo Blvd and Aviation, you can't miss it. I took a tour of the community and it's very nice, as 2010la mentioned. A lot of what you need can be done within a 5 minute drive and the amenities are very nice. However, aside from being next to the 405 and neighborhoods east of it, I'm concerned about the introductory prices as it may seem inflated. The agent has claimed that many units have sold and many more are yet to be built, a total of 600 homes total. The HOA's are $300-$380, which i assume will most likely rise once more homeowners are in due to usage of utilities, maintainance, etc. I'm new to looking for places to live in the LA area and haven't done enough extensive research on the market and it's neighborhoods. I've looked at Playa Vista but the HOA's there are insane because of two HOA's, one for the building and one for the community, plus there are also rental buildings within the community, so lots of traffic. It's very hard to find new and secure communities around the LAX area and I'm a bit overwhelmed. As such, if I will be working at Northrop, this may be the best place for me until relocation time. Again, great inputs and I look forward to more. Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles