Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,529,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCIFER#666 View Post
I agree with most of your statements on this thread, but I DISAGREE by what I bolded & italicized about how SoCal folks respect individualism to be "FAKE" as well. They're just as arrogant & ignorant like the rest of the country & overseas to believe in this climate/geographic elitism. How they're so intelligent to live in this 24/7 tropical paradise to be flawed. Especially a person like myself to depart from SoCal when I entered in the USAF. So I can travel & see the country & globe to observe various cultural & philosophical perspectives. Whether or not, I disagree with them. Overall it helped me really broaden my horizon & wisdom. However, my family & other people in SoCal tried to convince me not to leave b/c there is no place like it & the rest of the planet is crap compared to SoCal. It maybe partially true, but mostly it is false.
You would have to be a friggin idiot to live here and thinks it's tropical. NOBODY here thinks that.

You have never even visitd here, but your long-distance trolling is flattering. LA is your "girlfriend" who moved to Canada.

Flattering, but really, really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,758,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Back in Beantown? By way of....?
Yup... it's just a stop on the road to China I'll be flying out in 11 days.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,773,417 times
Quote:
You would have to be a friggin idiot to live here and thinks it's tropical. NOBODY here thinks that.

You have never even visitd here, but your long-distance trolling is flattering. LA is your "girlfriend" who moved to Canada.

That one (the Lucifer character) also writes as if English isn't its mother tongue.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Yup... it's just a stop on the road to China I'll be flying out in 11 days.
That's what I thought. I missed my chance to crash your bar. Happy travels!

Old 01-07-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That one (the Lucifer character) also writes as if English isn't its mother tongue.
And like one who tongues his...

Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 PM

132 posts, read 205,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Me too. And I'm glad I came back.
Okay Moderator cut: see note,

Guess you didn't travel too much. How sad.

Last edited by Count David; 01-08-2014 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: no need to call names

Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,022 posts, read 7,411,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to the 'States View Post
LA has more grit and character than sterile DC, SF, Boston, Chicago.
You sound silly, those are 3 of the most urban, vibrant, walkable, and structurally dense cities in the country. LA is like a small country, too massive to even determine when the limits end because much of it looks the same. Which is why most people from the East don't see it as a "real city" where people walk to the corner store and hop on the train before going to work. It's like going to Disney World or something. Plus it doesn't even have 4 seasons!

Old 01-08-2014, 12:07 AM

132 posts, read 205,666 times
Quote:

Oh wow,

You finally realized that LA is NOT so tropical 24/7. Okay LBC clown. Guess you didn't reply to my other blog comments. Please go read my multiple comments on this thread for you to know that I was originally from LA. It's aloof pompous like you that never left anywhere & how CA is so dysfunctional aka land of flakes.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 AM

1,542 posts, read 6,018,454 times
shocker:
folks from other cities decide to pop into the LA forum with the express intent of putting those horribly "shallow" and "vapid" angelenos in their "rightful" place. seems like one of the favorite pastimes on CD.

i don't know whether this is comical or pathetic; perhaps a bit of both.

while a few people here have made some interesting points, threads like this unfortunately tend to attract the LA hating trolls like flies to a steaming pile of dung.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 AM

1,319 posts, read 2,185,785 times
I would comment in this thread, but I'm too busy being fake. I think I'll make a date with this thread and flake on it later. Toodles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles