U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:33 AM

683 posts, read 724,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
I won't dispute that. Weather certainly plays a part. I've actually walked along the Atlantic City Boardwalk and absolutely loved it !!! The Atlantic Ocean was just gleaming on that early evening walk. As far as beach towns, I was referring to the big cities mentioned in the posters comments. Having lived in Washington DC for 4 years I visited Baltimore several times and enjoyed the waterfront development. But I don't recall any beaches in Baltimore.

I've only seen the Hamptons on TV, and it is absolutely beautiful. We have beach towns like that up and down the California Coast. From Corona Del Mar to Santa Barbara, and Pismo Beach to Monterey.

Outside the big cites of the east coast there are some very beautiful beach communities. I've been to New York's Fired Island and Cherry Grove. During the summer months, it doesn't get much better than that. It's a great escape from the hustle and bustle of NYC.

In LA and San Diego, the populace enjoy their beaches year round. In LA we have the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk which travels along the Pacific Ocean for several miles of walking and biking.
I was just including the major cities in the mid-Atlantic that are not on the ocean. No there are no real beaches in Baltimore where you can actually get into the water, I brought it up because it has imported sand with beach activities to partake in as if you are on a real beach. It'll be hard to find beach volleyball, or anything like The Sandlot in the core of other major mid-Atlantic cities near the water that are not already on the ocean. They just opened The Sandlot in Harbor Point this month and its great its going to be the new best place to watch the fireworks. None of the mid-Atlantic beaches hold a candle to any of Southern California beaches would like to visit someday.

(all pics by me)

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 06-28-2017 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 AM

44 posts, read 35,616 times
Dallas, TX
Chicago, IL
Indianapolis, IN
Austin, TX
Houston, TX

Old 07-26-2017, 06:54 PM

291 posts, read 176,103 times
Default Why is LA and California Fake?

Economically the state is set up to keep average wage earners from living comfortably. Upper social classes are ruling. Homes, Apartments, and other necessities are way over-priced with no efforts to change this.

It's also happening in other states; but, mainly in large urban areas. Unfortunately it appears to be happening in all areas of California.

Even many of the wealthy often move out of the state once they retire or careers slow down.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,010 times
hmmm...we have the same SMOG, asthma,and freeways and traffic congestion as L.A., in Eugene, Oregon!!(coff coff)plus, our allergies are world-famous,so does LA have terrible allergies?(asthma inhaler using-)I was considering moving to LA, to escape the huge influx of Californians in Oregon and WA states; any place but the "Valley of sickness"(named by the Indians,) i live in now.Do I need to live in desert country? I can't sell my place here, (River Road ain't popular) but I am itching to find any place with CLEANER AIR.I heard LA's air got a lot better, is it?thanks!!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 PM

913 posts, read 654,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taraconnor777 View Post
hmmm...we have the same SMOG, asthma,and freeways and traffic congestion as L.A., in Eugene, Oregon!!(coff coff)plus, our allergies are world-famous,so does LA have terrible allergies?(asthma inhaler using-)I was considering moving to LA, to escape the huge influx of Californians in Oregon and WA states; any place but the "Valley of sickness"(named by the Indians,) i live in now.Do I need to live in desert country? I can't sell my place here, (River Road ain't popular) but I am itching to find any place with CLEANER AIR.I heard LA's air got a lot better, is it?thanks!!
So you want to escape from Californians by moving to, let me get this straight, California? Interesting...

Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 PM

24,002 posts, read 17,400,194 times
"Fake" people and cities. I hear people call people fake or the city of Los Angeles fake in order to disparage them. But persona or personality means one's presentation to the world. Which means everyone is "fake" as how you present yourself to others depends on the context of the situation. So the only thing "fake" about any of us is our personality. As for cities all cities do what they can to present themselves in the best manner possible, meaning they are all "fake".

What place is going to come out with a list of negatives to describe itself?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:48 PM

287 posts, read 164,072 times
There is no worse city in America to live in (if you're a guy) than Los Mangeles. It has, bar none, the flakiest women of any city in America. This thread confirms it:

Why Los Angeles Is The Worst City For Men

Old 08-16-2017, 05:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 721,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
There is no worse city in America to live in (if you're a guy) than Los Mangeles. It has, bar none, the flakiest women of any city in America. This thread confirms it:

Why Los Angeles Is The Worst City For Men
To be fair, all of the coastal California metros are awful for men. LA has flaky star-chasers, SD has 16,678 military bases, and SF has 13th wave feminism. Sacramento is the only large CA city that is good for men.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:17 PM

287 posts, read 164,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
To be fair, all of the coastal California metros are awful for men. LA has flaky star-chasers, SD has 16,678 military bases, and SF has 13th wave feminism. Sacramento is the only large CA city that is good for men.
100%.

The singles map confirms just that:

Old 08-16-2017, 09:43 PM

1,069 posts, read 721,472 times
They should really change the phrase "go west young man" to "go west young woman".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or