Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:52 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,861,678 times

Advertisements

Readers react to Villaraigosa ticket scandal: 'What official business could Villaraigosa possibly have at a Beyonce concert?' | Comments Blog | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comments_blog/2010/06/villaraigosa-ticket-scandal.html - broken link) Apparentley the Mayor not only conducts City business at Lakers games but also at Beyonce, Shakira and Mary J.Blige concerts.

[mod cut: trolling/inappropriate language]

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 06-23-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,139,967 times
this doesn't bother me at all. he's the mayor, there are perks that come along with it, maybe his kids wanted to go to the shows. as far as the lakers, he's the freakin' mayor, he should be able to go and represent the city if he wants. i'm not even a fan of the guy, but this whole thing is being blown out of the water.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 AM

44 posts, read 112,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
this doesn't bother me at all. he's the mayor, there are perks that come along with it, maybe his kids wanted to go to the shows. as far as the lakers, he's the freakin' mayor, he should be able to go and represent the city if he wants. i'm not even a fan of the guy, but this whole thing is being blown out of the water.
yup..this is a total non-story

Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,465,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
I don't have a problem with him getting free stuff, as long as I am not paying for it. The issue is if it is illegal to do so, then he should be held accountable. dies he really believe L.A. residents are that stupid to believe he was doing city business at these concerts. But then again, L.A. residents did vote for him, so maybe they are that stupid.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 PM

304 posts, read 929,269 times
He has turned over all the records about these gifts.
There is always someone after the Mayor to discredit him.

I totally do not care if he gets a ticket to a sporting event.
He is a good mayor and he has a helluva job to do.
No need to trip him up every 5 minutes the way the Reeps are doing to Pres Obama.
What a delirious waste of energy when we all need to be pulling together.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:41 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,861,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post

He is a good mayor and he has a helluva job to do.
No need to trip him up every 5 minutes the way the Reeps are doing to Pres Obama.
Well aparently Friends, girlfriends and relatives also get free tickets and go along with Him. Are you saying they're conducting City business also? The Mayor discredits Himself, like He's really conducting City business during a Cocert with flashing lights and super loud music, Yeah Right.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:46 PM

425 posts, read 1,951,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I don't have a problem with him getting free stuff, as long as I am not paying for it. The issue is if it is illegal to do so, then he should be held accountable. dies he really believe L.A. residents are that stupid to believe he was doing city business at these concerts. But then again, L.A. residents did vote for him, so maybe they are that stupid.
You're complaining about something that you don't even know if it's illegal or not. Perhaps you should check up on that before you start complaining.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,718,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Technically you are paying for it. When us civilians get perks like this on the job we are liable for them on our taxes as earnings. He hasn't declared this as income in any way I've seen.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
You're complaining about something that you don't even know if it's illegal or not. Perhaps you should check up on that before you start complaining.
Two different issues I was commenting on. First I said I wasn't sure if it was legal or not. The second issue is that he was claiming he was conducting city business, that alone shows what a lying deceptive idiot he is.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post

He is a good mayor and he has a helluva job to do.No need to trip him up every 5 minutes the way the Reeps are doing to Pres Obama.
OMG

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-09-11/n...bout-me-mayor/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: