Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,840 times

Advertisements

So...after looking for a house on the Westside for the past few months, we are fed up! Our price range is 800-850K and there is only crap on the Westside for that price range. I guess we won't be able to make it to North Montana... but that's fine, not my type of crowd.
We want a 3bd with a yard, about 2000 sq, something that looks nice and near a good elementary school (such as Carpenter or Dixie).
We have visited a few places in Sherman Oaks/Studio City and we like it. We'll have to adapt to the weather and other things, but we like it. I already moved from Switzerland many years ago and I like it here..
We are a family with a 7 months old baby. My wife is a pediatrician who work at Children Hospital in Los Feliz. I am an art director/illustrator working from my own home studio.
So...to get to the main question, we like a few areas in Sherman Oaks, but not sure if the crowd will be our taste. We like the south of Ventura, the streets near Valley Vista near Hazeltime; we also like the streets between Whitsett and Laurel Canyon just north of the LA river. We would like to be around families who have also kids, and interesting educated people. The first area seems a little "Bel Air" to me, but we like the clean streets. The second area seems more right, more friendly.
Has anyone any experience in these areas, some thooughts, some insights?
We try to watch the movie "Valley Girl" the other night, trying to understand the vally, but not sure if it was up-to-date...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 AM

28 posts, read 61,737 times
The Coldwell Banker-Sherman Oaks has many listings in Encino, Studio City and Sherman Oaks. We are located at 15490 Ventura Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, 91403. My website is Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - California Real Estate and Homes for Sale - CaliforniaMoves.com. My friends and I hike every Sunday near Laurel Canyon Road in Studio City. We meet early in the morning because it gets hot later in the morning. There are many people on the trail, walking their dogs, jogging or mountain biking in the morning. It's a nice way to start a Sunday. We follow-up with a Starbucks and walk to the Farmer's Market and shop. I enjoy the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles