Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:10 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,351,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Go to Rentometer-Get House and Apartment Rental Comps by Entering an Address and plug in the address and see what some rents around there are going for.
This is a great tool - and it seems fairly accurate based on the areas I tested! Thanks for sharing it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,261,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Shaking my head! That's three times what we pay in mortgage and impounds for a house we own on the shore of a large, beautiful lake. Amazing, and sad!
Only joking but what would you have to do to earn $ 110 k in the Ozarks.
Very nice place and we could sure use “Big Spring” in AZ or CA.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:33 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,131,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Shaking my head! That's three times what we pay in mortgage and impounds for a house we own on the shore of a large, beautiful lake. Amazing, and sad!
Sad for whom? I am sure your house on the shore of a large beautiful lake is wonderful but apparently quite a few people prefer California.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,320,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
Only joking but what would you have to do to earn $ 110 k in the Ozarks.
Very nice place and we could sure use “Big Spring” in AZ or CA.
LOL! You'd probably have to be a doctor, dentist, attorney or realtor. But it might be easier to just rob banks.

The Ozarks are lovely and rather unique but no place has the topographical diversity of California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Sad for whom? I am sure your house on the shore of a large beautiful lake is wonderful but apparently quite a few people prefer California.
Sad for many who would love to live there but can't afford to. By the way, DV, my wife and I are both CA natives and only left it about a year ago.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,878,291 times
Of the two properties that you listed, location-wise, I'd prefer 5355 West 126th Street, Hawthorne CA. With a youngster, you are very close to nice park. It's a bit further west of the 405. That said, I would think you could do better for $2500. But, overall, Del Air is a pretty good area and I believe residents can opt to attend El Segundo schools.

snowyal
Quote:
El Segundo is more industrial and cheaper. Redondo Beach will be more expensive.
While the east side of Sepulveda is industrial, the west side is residential. Doesn't sound like you've ever visited the residential side. Rental rates in South Redondo would be slightly higher than ES, but much lower in North Redondo.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 PM

21 posts, read 81,063 times
$2500!? no way! my sister lives in palos verdes (which is by far the most upscale area of the entire south bay) and pays $2100 for a two-bedroom, two bath townhome.

if you have that much to spend, you can definitely live in the nicest parts of the south bay.
if you want to live somewhere interesting like Hawthorne, by no means is that a bad idea-- it's not as if all affordable areas of LA are dangerous. but don't spend $2500 for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles