Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,308 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to CA in December 2010. Moving there for personal reasons and will be basically starting over. I need to find a studio or one bedroom apt. that is affordable..does not have to be fancy but in a safe neighborhood. I will also need to find employment...(Yes..I know..me and everyone else.) I do not have a college degree..I work in a factory now but I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to doing and learning.

I have done a bit of looking online but would like any advice about rentals and employment that I may not be able to find through other sites. (Looking for advice from people there "in the trenches"...living and working in the LA area.) My children will be living with their father full time in Torrance, CA until I become established so a small apt. will do for now.

I would like to stay close to the Torrance area...any communities near by..and preferably within a nice long walk to the beach. (Dare to dream I say.)

I am a mosaic artist as well and would love to meet and get connected with fellow artists in the area.

If anyone has advice or links to share would so appreciate the help in this big move from the Midwest to CA.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 PM

37,044 posts, read 41,975,975 times
The online sites are your best and only bet unless your kids father or someone else you know can keep their ear to the ground and help you find something. You didn't mention what you budget is but knowing that makes it easy to get the information you need from online sources. At the very least it will tell you where you SHOULDN'T be looking because you just can't afford it and that will save you a lot of time and trouble.

Sign up with a temp agency (or two or three) as soon as you get here to assist you with your job search. Or just approach a business and ask, that sometimes works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles