Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,878 times

Advertisements

My mom and I are moving to California in about two months. She just sold her home and we're just looking for a new start. I won't be working but she has income and $ and can support us both for about two years before I would need to find a job. I want to move to the LA or somewhere in the area. We can afford about $1500-$1700 and would prefer to rent a home or townhome. What is the best source (please dont say craigslist) to find rentals in LA? Also can anyone tell me in what areas we would be able to live (in a home) within that budget? Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 01:27 PM

37,081 posts, read 42,050,241 times
Why do you want to move to CA/LA? CA is a big state and you can find better places to live on a limited budget that will give you a much nicer lifestyle. If you have friends or family in the LA area they are your best resource.

To find housing you need to use Craigslist (sorry, it's true) or look at those sites that list all the apartments and whatnot. Just Google. Or pay to join one of the real estate sites like Westside Rentals or 4RentinLA.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,660 times
Westside Rentals works very well. They post new vacancies at 4pm each day. It's not cheap (~$60 for 2 months) but you may be able to buy it off someone else who has found a place (check Craigslist here). Selecting a neighborhood is also key. There are many vacancies now and you can easily drive around to take down numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles