Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,627,645 times

Advertisements

thanks for your input. LA welcomes you and anticipates your return.

there will always be a new discovery to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I just returned home to Las Vegas today after a two day stint in LA. My gf who also lives in Vegas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, West Hills to be specific

I went to Downtown LA, Mailbu Beach, Hollywood, and saw quite a bit of the San Fernando Valley including West Hills, Canoga Park, Chatsworth (loved the views up there), and our hotel was in Calabasas

All I can say about LA is wow....I absolutely loved it

The 101 got a bit crazy and 210 was busy too but for the most part, I didn't think the traffic was too bad. The exception to this is Hollywood. Highland Avenue and Hollywood Blvd were an absolute mess. I also love how the Valley is so quiet and sane compared to the rest of the city. The traffic there wasn't bad at all. I love the Valley.

And boy is your city spread out I thought Orlando and Las Vegas were bad. It seemed to take FOREVER to get to downtown, Hollywood, and Malibu from the Valley, even when there was light traffic

I just wanted to come on here and say I loved LA and cant wait to go back again. I recently moved from Orlando, FL two months ago, so this was my first time in LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 01:48 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,521,513 times
Im looking forward to it. Next time I would like to get down to Venice and Santa Monica Beach, I've always wanted to go to the Santa Monica Pier. I dont know why but it has always appealed to me, though most people say its not that great

Just based on what I've heard, Santa Monica seems like a very appealing place I'd like to live one day. It definitely strikes me as one of LA's more appealing areas to live. That and the San Fernando Valley. Not too big on the heat so if I ever do move to LA I'll probably take Santa Monica or West LA

Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM

97 posts, read 259,609 times
Glad you had a good trip OP!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:56 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,262,469 times
I once did Malibu to SM in about 9 mins on my ducati it was about 3 in the morning.
Once was enough!!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,137,209 times
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to L.A. It truly is an awesome city

Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 PM

11 posts, read 35,652 times
In your opinions, is the rush hour traffic going south from the Valley into cityside worse on the 101 or the 405? I know they are both terrible, but which one is worse.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Im looking forward to it. Next time I would like to get down to Venice and Santa Monica Beach, I've always wanted to go to the Santa Monica Pier. I dont know why but it has always appealed to me, though most people say its not that great

Just based on what I've heard, Santa Monica seems like a very appealing place I'd like to live one day. It definitely strikes me as one of LA's more appealing areas to live.
Check out Hermosa Beach (Pier Ave. at night), and Redondo Beach (an interesting pier as well). Manhattan Beach is often said to be the preferred place in the South Bay to live, but the prices definitely reflect that, so a bit of a tradeoff there. Living a few blocks from the beach anywhere from Malibu to PV is an awfully nice circumstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles