Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM

39 posts, read 104,705 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking move to el monte zip code 91733. (boarder of rosemead and gravey blvd) . How bad is this area now ? Should i move to somewhere else any suggestion??
Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM

4,482 posts, read 9,241,814 times
There aren't many El Monte people on this forum - mostly you'll hear bad things about El Monte as a whole from people who know it only by reputation.

I lived in El Monte for many years, but not that part, so I don't know. But you could make your question more specific by saying what it is you didn't like about it in the past, whether you live nearby now (and what kind of area), and what your other options are.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,498,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laso View Post
el monte how bad is it today compare to the passed

I'm thinking move to el monte zip code 91733. (boarder of rosemead and gravey blvd) . How bad is this area now ? Should i move to somewhere else any suggestion??
Thx
Well El Monte is largely hispanic. The area is much like Whittier or Paramont. The area looks pretty good compared to the past.
I am a Indian who looks white and I would live there.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
El Monte is basically working-class Latino with the usual problems that go with marginally poor communities. I was once confronted by "Monte Flores" gang members when I was young so my feelings about El Monte are a little skewed.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 PM

39 posts, read 104,705 times
El monte Bad reputation as lot of ppl mentioned. I lived in san gabriel few years back. Had a bad landlord .Not a bad area but houses are very old. So moved to Valencia for a few years. Renting a very new apartment but pricey. Since my income had reduced a bit and wife not working . (she doen't drive) that not helping either....lol But she wanted to find a job close to san gabriel again. (She was working there when we lived in SG) We found a house for rent last weekend in el monte. The back house been renovated very nice and in our budget. So here is the safety question about this area. Like to know how bad is it now or i better off pay more to go somewhere safer.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,498,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laso View Post
,, Like to know how bad is it now or i better off pay more to go somewhere safer.
WTF. you seem to want to tell us how it is. Not as we have told you. Just go and take a look dude.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:39 AM

4,482 posts, read 9,241,814 times
If you think the house and neighborhood look all right, go ahead and try it.

Do you have kids? If I had kids between 8 and 18 I'd want to know more about the area first - otherwise I'd just take the chance.

I moved into an area with a strong EMF (El Monte Flores) presence in the early 90's and never had any trouble with them. But a kid would have had it harder. I don't know the gang situation in the neighborhood you're considering; I'm just saying that in case it is a concern of yours.

Contact the El Monte Police Department and see what they say.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:18 PM

100 posts, read 541,219 times
It's not as bad as it used to be, but then again, most cities like El Monte aren't. That intersection isn't a great area (El Monte/South El Monte/Rosemead border) but it isn't the worst part of El Monte either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles