Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,460,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And put you through nightmarish traffic....

If your target audience is recent immigrants, recently released prisoners, and drug addicts, then you'd have a great deal of success in selling Van Nuys.

The traffic from that portion of the 101 into The Valley isn't too bad.

I have a great deal of success in selling Van Nuys to people who do NOT fall within the categories you've mentioned. We have a strist policy against leasing to illegals, drug addicts, criminals and section 8's. Sadly, I have no control over the kinds of people neighboring companies lease to. There is a very good reason behind WHY I am leaving this work and moving back to Simi Valley. My ethics and sense of integrity make it personally difficult for me to sell this area with a smile to nice, innocent people who know nothing about the area.

For the record...I was actually BORN in Van Nuys.

Last edited by Cyanna; 08-08-2010 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: additions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,118,505 times
I think Sherman Oaks would be best. There are apartments near Ventura Blvd. but you might also look along Riverside Drive (just on the other side of the freeway). Studio City isn't too far away either.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,485,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The traffic from that portion of the 101 into The Valley isn't too bad.

I have a great deal of success in selling Van Nuys to people who do NOT fall within the categories you've mentioned.
"Van Nuys: at least it's not Panorama City"

We have a strist policy against leasing to illegals, drug addicts, criminals and section 8's.[/quote]

I didn't mention illegals. Although a large part of Van Nuys' population is illegal. "Either from straight over the border or straight out of prison"

Quote:
Sadly, I have no control over the kinds of people neighboring companies lease to. There is a very good reason behind WHY I am leaving this work and moving back to Simi Valley. My ethics and sense of integrity make it personally difficult for me to sell this area with a smile to nice, innocent people who know nothing about the area.

For the record...I was actually BORN in Van Nuys.
Aren't you from the UK?

Van Nuys was a functional working class neighborhood until the factories closed. (Much like many similar neighborhoods across the USA, including those with few or no illegal immigrants).If you are from Van Nuys I don't have to tell you the story of what happened in the late '80s and early '90s to Van Nuys and the NE Valley in general.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,460,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
"Van Nuys: at least it's not Panorama City"
Well, you have a point there

Quote:
I didn't mention illegals. Although a large part of Van Nuys' population is illegal. "Either from straight over the border or straight out of prison"
I get them "straight out of jail." Not as tenants though. I usually have to call the police to remove them from my property, where they end up passed out drunk in the parking lot, driveway or on my patio. The legal immigrants aren't a problem at all, at least not in my building. They tend to be decent tenants.

Quote:
Aren't you from the UK?

Van Nuys was a functional working class neighborhood until the factories closed. (Much like many similar neighborhoods across the USA, including those with few or no illegal immigrants).If you are from Van Nuys I don't have to tell you the story of what happened in the late '80s and early '90s to Van Nuys and the NE Valley in general.
I was born in Van Nuys, raised in Simi Valley, and lived in the UK for a number of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles