Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM

229 posts, read 415,497 times

Advertisements

About a year ago I received a call from a man saying that he was in my home and what horrible things he would do to me... I got my loaded gun out of the safe and called 911.. when the dispatcher answered I said.. "If you find someone dead here, You will know why...Because I WILL Kill them." The Police came in a hurry, they were very supportive of me defending myself with my gun and said "remember it's twice in the body, once in the head." I said "Oh, I Know." That was Arizona. Turns out no one was in my home, but the guy called back 4 times, and even talked to the police and told the police he was in my home. Always Fight for your rights to defend yourself and own at least one firearm, and learn how to use it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,027,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
About a year ago I received a call from a man saying that he was in my home and what horrible things he would do to me...
Come on now, that was a movie, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
"If you find someone dead here, You will know why...Because I WILL Kill them." The Police came in a hurry, they were very supportive of me defending myself with my gun and said "remember it's twice in the body, once in the head." I said "Oh, I Know." That was Arizona.
I'm not so sure that was exactly the best thing to say to the 911 operator, but it is a good idea to tell them you are armed "and please hurry!" They know what to do.

I agree with you, that "shooting to wound the perpetrator" stuff is only on TV (and maybe for idiots). Anybody who couldn't use lethal force to protect their life has no business owning a gun. Two shots in the easiest area to hit (center of the chest) should do it (law enforcement calls this a 'double tap.'). It wouldn't be a very good idea to walk up and administer a kill shot to the head, but if they keep threatening then by all means just keep shooting.

And please don't drag them inside your house. In most circumstances if you're inside your house and they're outside your house then you are not in mortal danger. Anyway CSI is gonna get you if you start rearranging the crime scene.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM

By the way, I suspect this and can anybody confirm? I'm pretty sure if you're involved in a shooting, even homeowner protecting themselves from a threatening perpetrator, you're going to lose your gun for probably several months and maybe forever while you're waiting for the case to be ruled?

Good weapons cost several hundred dollars. It would be a shame to need it and use it, and then have it confiscated for evidence and never get it back.

Anybody have experience or legal knowledge on this?

And also, would they just take the involved firearm, or would they confiscate every firearm you have (for lab tests)?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,519,375 times
If you're involved in a shotting (either "legally" in your home, or "illegally" on the streets), you're going to lose the gun for the time being. It will be mistreated, get rusty, tossed around, disassembled, reassembled, etc. It will be used as evidence.

As for losing other guns ... unless they were involved, its doubtful they'll be taken. Unless, of course, they are not legal.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Thank you 1200RT.

I kind of figured you'd lose the involved gun for quite some time and that it might come back all messed up. I guess I'll start out with my least favorite firearm.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,519,375 times
personal defense weapons should be replaceable but reliable.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,034,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
By the way, I suspect this and can anybody confirm? I'm pretty sure if you're involved in a shooting, even homeowner protecting themselves from a threatening perpetrator, you're going to lose your gun for probably several months and maybe forever while you're waiting for the case to be ruled?

Good weapons cost several hundred dollars. It would be a shame to need it and use it, and then have it confiscated for evidence and never get it back.

Anybody have experience or legal knowledge on this?

And also, would they just take the involved firearm, or would they confiscate every firearm you have (for lab tests)?

Liberals can't stand for law abiding citizens to defend themselves, even if the robber is armed himself.

And what about baseball bats? Is the law going to do something if I protect yourself and your home with an aluminum bat? How about booby traps?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:21 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,791,648 times
[quote=West of Encino;15515520]
Quote:
Is the law going to do something if I protect yourself and your home with an aluminum bat?

Might get you a minor league contract. Maybe more impressive with wood.

Quote:
How about booby traps?

Pretty strict, specific laws against that. Too bad, really - that's the fun way to get the robber.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,034,620 times
[quote=bigdumbgod;15515649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post

Might get you a minor league contract. Maybe more impressive with wood.

Pretty strict, specific laws against that. Too bad, really - that's the fun way to get the robber.
Only in America.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,876,775 times
First line of defense Ive got one of these bad boys who has free range both outside and inside.

Second, I have ADT and have had no issues with them at all. Great company.

Third, I can rock Akimbo Glocks, MPKs or Mossberg 500.

Fourthly I have almost 20 years experience as martial artist, 10 years as bodyguard and the wife is from Soviet Union (which is to be most feared of all my home security measures).

Really, ADT is a good company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles