Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,469,716 times

Advertisements

5345 La Mirada Ave., Hollywood, CA | Powered by Postlets
(near Western/Santa Monica)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,988,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
That is an EXCELLENT location....as good as it gets in my opinion. The building doesn't look like anything special, esp. when you compare it to the 1920's/1930's gems in that neighborhood. But the inside of the unit looks decent enough.
I also agree it's PERFECT!

If the OPs car was to ever breakdown he can hop on the myraid of express buses to take him wherever he needs to go from that location. I live not too far from there (closer to Wilshire/Vermont).

TO THE OP: There is a luxury building right on Wilshire/Vermont that may be in your price range. Don't know if they have parking, but they should since it's a new building.

Again, you'll be in walking distance to Walgreens, Dennys, Ihop, ralphs, Vons, etc.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 35,652 times
The Wilshire/Vermont Station is the name of the new residential building. The prices are pretty high. I think $1400 for the smallest studio.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 PM

615 posts, read 854,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrwnn18 View Post
I am gathering that the best area of Koreatown is by Southwestern Law School.
I live 1 block away from the law school, South of Wilshire. I'm not sure what gave you the impression that it was a good area. But the apartment buildings around Southwestern Law School are very old buildings, with most of them having very small living spaces. It's not a good area either.

I would suggest places North West of Wilshire Blvd. Someone had already mentioned the Wilshire/Vermont apartments that are above the Metro Red/Purple Line station. It's not far from Southwestern Law School, but the area surrounding the law school is not a place you'd want to live. Trust me.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,988,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figueroa View Post
I live 1 block away from the law school, South of Wilshire. I'm not sure what gave you the impression that it was a good area. But the apartment buildings around Southwestern Law School are very old buildings, with most of them having very small living spaces. It's not a good area either.

I would suggest places North West of Wilshire Blvd. Someone had already mentioned the Wilshire/Vermont apartments that are above the Metro Red/Purple Line station. It's not far from Southwestern Law School, but the area surrounding the law school is not a place you'd want to live. Trust me.
I have to agree about anything south of Wilshire. It's awful.

I remember looking for apartments SOW and there were no decent stores, it seemed like everyone hung out in the front of the buildings and nothing was in walking distance. I mean it was EXTREME ghetto.

Most of the buildings north of wilshire are soooooo much better, especially walking towards New Hampshire, Catalina, etc. from 6th street down to 2nd. Don't know what it's like beyond that, because I never go past third street. I would still try anything north of Wilshire/Western. Maybe (and it's a strong maybe) some nice apartments might be available SOW, but I couldn't tell you for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles