Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 11:53 AM

103 posts, read 218,015 times

Advertisements

just curious. the job situation i had planned out didnt go through so i starting from square 1. im still moving to California (but not sure now if LA or SD would be better) (but thats another topic) but want to have a job lined out plus apartment. i only need around 2000 - 2300\month bring home. any suggestions besides "dont waste my time" or "get real". lol oh yea and how does the job\apartment thing work. you have to have a job to have an apartment but have to have a residence to have a job. sounds like a catch 22 to me. suggestions as well please. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,519,375 times
more information needed.

What kind of job are you looking for?

YES you need a job to get an apartment, but i'm sure an "offer letter" will allow you to lock something up.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 PM

well thats the prob really i dont have a career so really just a J.O.B will work aybe 2 if im lucky. on the second note thanks for that info. ill see if itll "fly"

Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 PM

this sounds like a risky plan .....

Old 08-13-2010, 12:19 PM

yea i know. i have a career in mind and heart but have had a chance to start it. and i dont want to start it in this hellish town. its in finance if that at all helps ( probably not though). lol. ive thought about bakersfield but heard that town is prob as bad as the one im in. :\ and also SD but ive heard its not a blue collar city much. more white collar. but thanks for your insight though. it is risky

Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 PM

how about some more info?

What is your ideal career in finance? Are you skilled for it now?

I'm not trying to discourage you ... just making sure you cover your bases.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:51 PM

No I'm not skilled in it and I want a financial advisor. I'm 21 almost. And when I move I'll have about 10k. That should be about 6 months expenses for me. When I turn 25 I'll be recieving part of a 400k inheritance or I should be. Its in my grandfathers name who passed but it "roles over " into my name when I'm 25. Or so I'm told. And then again when I'm 29 and 33 will be the rest. Though I'm not sure of the amounts per role over. That will all be fine and wonderful but that doesn't help now. I want to start my career now. I do want to get my MBA in finance but not enough cash now. I found a firm that will pay for my classes and can help me relocate but it's a vigorous interview process. Only ten percent get picked.
I'm optimistic and hope I'll get at least the first interview but...

Old 08-13-2010, 02:53 PM

I meant "I want to be a financial advisor" For the second sentence not "I want a"

Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,464,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89david98 View Post
just curious. the job situation i had planned out didnt go through so i starting from square 1. im still moving to California (but not sure now if LA or SD would be better) (but thats another topic) but want to have a job lined out plus apartment. i only need around 2000 - 2300\month bring home. any suggestions besides "dont waste my time" or "get real". lol oh yea and how does the job\apartment thing work. you have to have a job to have an apartment but have to have a residence to have a job. sounds like a catch 22 to me. suggestions as well please. thank you
Well, being able to provide proof that you have $10,000 in the bank will get you into an apartment in a number of places. But you might be required to pay a higher security amount.

Another option is for you to apply for a job as an apartment manager. Many companies offer a free apartment along with a small wage to go with it. This site link is for WorkingCouples.com but some of the positions advertised will accept a single person...
WorkingCouples.com | The Single Largest Source of Jobs for Couples Anywhere!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 PM

thanks will look into that for sure and yea so like a bank statement or something like that? kool, should help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles