Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,020,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Yet the Northeast is far more educated, wealthier, healthier and has a far lower suicide rate than the West Coast. According to statistics, the Northeast also has the lowest % of people on anti-depressants. The Northeast boasts the lowest obesity rate in the United States. The Northeast boasts the lowest crime rate in the United States. The Northeast boasts the lowest unemployment rate, unlike sky high unemployment found on the West Coast.

All fact point to the East having the most sane and desirable populace (and economy) in United States, yet, the Northeast is still an allegedly (according to you) unhappy place? LMAO!

"Unhappy" = keyword for misfits who clearly gravitate towards whacky places like LA. Los Angeles attracts the wrong type of people.

As an American, I really pity Los Angeles. It would be great for Los Angeles to get back on track, but IMO, Los Angeleles is rapidly declining. The brain drain, the awful economy, the retarded elected officials, the illegal immigration catastrophe, the recent departure of important Los Angeles corporations (which would be fine if Los Angeles had many top-brass corporations, but it severely lags behind cities like Houston and Dallas when it comes to that.).

Los Angeles needs help.
please stop trolling the los angeles forum with your ignorant garbage. i think everyone here would gladly welcome it if you were to limit your trollish posts (which is 90% of your output) to the city vs. city subforum, which exists so that small-minded individuals with highly biased agendas such as yourself can duke it out with each other.

ironically, your post above (and all of your other anti-LA, excessively pro-northeast one-sided rants) suggests that you're the exact opposite of the archetypal "sophisticated" or "educated" northeasterner that you depict. it's one thing to have a preference for one kind of city, but it's quite another to be so stubborn, parochial, arrogant, and condescending like you've consistently displayed.

i'm a native northeasterner myself, born in and raised in/around that alpha city on the east coast that you claim is superior and more sophisticated/cultured than los angeles because it's more dense. and yet despite my "superior upbringing" to these "vapid", "uncultured" californians, i must be "the wrong type of person", as i think los angeles is a fantastic, exciting, and yes, cultured city. it's not perfect (what city is?), but it's pretty amazing on a number of levels.

wow, where did i go wrong? i'm supposed to look down my nose at "sprawling, non-dense" cultural wastelands like LA, right? i guess the superior educational system of the greater nyc area must've failed me.

in all seriousness, as a native northeasterner i'm really embarrassed by your constant stream of ignorant rants against cities like los angeles that don't fit your incredibly narrow view of what constitutes a "real" city. you act as if you speak for everyone who grew up along the bos-wash corridor, when in fact there are a ton of us who like where we're from and at the same time love cities like los angeles that have so much to offer. liking nyc or los angeles doesn't have to be mutually exclusive as you seem to think.

btw, i don't want to derail this thread, so when you reply with one of your lame, uneducated comebacks, i won't be responding. just wanted to call you out on your ignorance since your act has gotten really tiresome.

if you wish, you can send me a DM if you'd really like to debate this further. otherwise, save it for the city vs. city threads.

Last edited by pbergen; 08-15-2010 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,257,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
With a ho. Then they reelected him!
That was after he did 6 months in "the hole" in 1991/2 and getting his "cap peelet" for bangin' in 1978. He's currently on the DC city council, facing additional charges.

Last edited by Jay100; 08-15-2010 at 11:54 PM..

Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,328,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
please stop trolling the los angeles forum with your ignorant garbage. i think everyone here would gladly welcome it if you were to limit your trollish posts (which is 90% of your output) to the city vs. city subforum, which exists so that small-minded individuals with highly biased agendas such as yourself can duke it out with each other.

ironically, your post above (and all of your other anti-LA, excessively pro-northeast one-sided rants) suggests that you're the exact opposite of the archetypal "sophisticated" or "educated" northeasterner that you depict. it's one thing to have a preference for one kind of city, but it's quite another to be so stubborn, parochial, arrogant, and condescending like you've consistently displayed.

i'm a native northeasterner myself, born in and raised in/around that alpha city on the east coast that you claim is superior and more sophisticated/cultured than los angeles because it's more dense. and yet despite my "superior upbringing" to these "vapid", "uncultured" californians, i must be "the wrong type of person", as i think los angeles is a fantastic, exciting, and yes, cultured city. it's not perfect (what city is?), but it's pretty amazing on a number of levels.

wow, where did i go wrong? i'm supposed to look down my nose at "sprawling, non-dense" cultural wastelands like LA, right? i guess the superior educational system of the greater nyc area must've failed me.

in all seriousness, as a native northeasterner i'm really embarrassed by your constant stream of ignorant rants against cities like los angeles that don't fit your incredibly narrow view of what constitutes a "real" city. you act as if you speak for everyone who grew up along the bos-wash corridor, when in fact there are a ton of us who like where we're from and at the same time love cities like los angeles that have so much to offer. liking nyc or los angeles doesn't have to be mutually exclusive as you seem to think.

btw, i don't want to derail this thread, so when you reply with one of your lame, uneducated comebacks, i won't be responding. just wanted to call you out on your ignorance since your act has gotten really tiresome.

if you wish, you can send me a DM if you'd really like to debate this further. otherwise, save it for the city vs. city threads.
I thought I recognized who DC90 is so I looked into his post history and noticed his recent put-downs of San Diego. The guy has a reputation for being a boor and most posters react predictably negative toward him\her. Good point; sophistication escapes someone like this troll; self delusional in his desperate attempt to portray himself as something he will never be, gracious and circumspect.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,137,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Yet the Northeast is far more educated, wealthier, healthier and has a far lower suicide rate than the West Coast. According to statistics, the Northeast also has the lowest % of people on anti-depressants. The Northeast boasts the lowest obesity rate in the United States. The Northeast boasts the lowest crime rate in the United States. The Northeast boasts the lowest unemployment rate, unlike sky high unemployment found on the West Coast.

All fact point to the East having the most sane and desirable populace (and economy) in United States, yet, the Northeast is still an allegedly (according to you) unhappy place? LMAO!

"Unhappy" = keyword for misfits who clearly gravitate towards whacky places like LA. Los Angeles attracts the wrong type of people.

As an American, I really pity Los Angeles. It would be great for Los Angeles to get back on track, but IMO, Los Angeleles is rapidly declining. The brain drain, the awful economy, the retarded elected officials, the illegal immigration catastrophe, the recent departure of important Los Angeles corporations (which would be fine if Los Angeles had many top-brass corporations, but it severely lags behind cities like Houston and Dallas when it comes to that.).

Los Angeles needs help.
You are a sad and pathetic troll, both you and EastCoastDumbass...I mean Pirate. Why compare the Northeast to California? Is that the only way you can feel superrior?California may be having economic difficulties but it still and always will be the 8th largest economy in the world. The northeast can't say that! California's population continues to grow despite the economy. You are saying LA is crime ridden, but you live in NyC?!? NYC has the highest cost of living, highest crime rate, trash all over, rats all over, congestion, etc. Nothing you say negatively in LA can't be applied to NYC!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 AM

244 posts, read 565,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I find it odd that people have to bring in an entire region, such as the Northeast, just to compete. That alone should tell you that California is a leviathan. There are 38 million people here. 10M in LA County. Still the world's 8th largest economy. That contradicts everything you just said. Talk about DC, that is one little ghetto of a city and outside of the tourist areas, I hear it looks like a Thriller video, with cracked out zombies reaching into cars at stoplights. They even caught Mayor Barry, doing CRACK!
Marion Barry arrested for stalking - Redlasso.com
When did I ever mention California.

I was comparing the Northeast Bos-Wash corridor to the entire West Coast.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
You are a sad and pathetic troll, both you and EastCoastDumbass...I mean Pirate.
Why, thank you.

Quote:
Why compare the Northeast to California? Is that the only way you can feel superrior?California may be having economic difficulties but it still and always will be the 8th largest economy in the world.
California is a massive state of 38 million.

And hilariously, the tiny New York City has a GDP nearly as large as the state of California. 38 million vs 18 million.

1.45 trillion (NYC) vs 1.85 trillion (California)

Quote:
The northeast can't say that!
Actually, yes. It could.

As said previously, despite an enormous 20 million population difference between the two...New York City's GDP nearly matches that of the State of California.

Quote:
California's population continues to grow despite the economy.
Who cares about population? The last thing any Californian should wish for is more population growth. What is the point?

It's about smart population, looking at the GDP between these two regions (this was never about NYC vs LA...more like Northeast vs West)

Quote:
You are saying LA is crime ridden, but you live in NyC?!?
No, I don't live in NYC.

But since you mention NYC, it is the safest city in the United States is according to the FBI.

New York City Safest Big City in America, FBI Report Finds

And when did I ever say LA is crime-ridden? Northeast is far safer than the West Coast. This was never about LA vs NYC (because NYC would win all the time anyway.)

You're all over the place here...

Quote:
NYC has the highest cost of living, highest crime rate, trash all over, rats all over, congestion, etc. Nothing you say negatively in LA can't be applied to NYC!
Los Angeles has the most disgusting air in the United States.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 AM

37,048 posts, read 41,993,490 times
Reading this thread makes me super happy that some of these posters don't live in CA

Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Oh yeah the Northeast is so desirable that people are moving in droves to North Carolina. The "rust belt" continues to lose people and the large cities look like huge ghettos. Boy, it's pathetic that someone from the most corrupt and crime-ridden city has the balls to lecture Los Angeles. Out-of-state trolls are a classless act of envious and bitter boors watching even the South challenge them for superiority. Go home troll and maybe learn how to spell. duh!
And as these poors continue to flock down to North Carolina (the ones who can't afford the Northeast), the Northeast actually gains in influence.

The Northeast's unemployment is still the lowest, the Northeast is still the Nation's most wealthy, healthy and educated region. Notice the Northeast also boasts by far the lowest foreclosure rate. The faster the Northeast can purge these losers the better. The gap between the wealth/health of the NE vs the entire nation has actually grown since this alleged exodus from the Northeast to the cheap and uneducated South to buy huge houses they couldn't afford (hence the extremely high foreclosure rate in dumps like FL, NC, AZ, TX, etc where people are allegedly moving to)

NYC, Boston, DC continue to attract the brightest. LA, not so much. Sorry.

The Bay Area is the only part of the West Coast that matters.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 AM

245 posts, read 709,886 times
I'm surprised that people still think LA will eventually go to waste. Yes the economy is bad, but really? I know we're going through a decline, but common, we're talking about LA here... one of the most geographically desirable place in the world. It practically links Asia to the West. It's got perfect weather and large amounts of natural resources. Since we're talking about California, we have everything the entire east coast offers and a lot more. This decline is transient because a perfect region like this cannot fade out. People from the East Coast that says all this about LA or CA obviously has no idea what they're talking about and relies on statistics that doesn't really cover the whole story. I'm not ignoring the economic issues that face the world today, but fundamentally if the US still exist as a country, LA will not die and will continue to thrive. I'm sure I can find negative articles about any city, but then again there are better things to do in such a nice city/state that I live in.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I find it odd that people have to bring in an entire region, such as the Northeast, just to compete. That alone should tell you that California is a leviathan. There are 38 million people here. 10M in LA County. Still the world's 8th largest economy. That contradicts everything you just said. Talk about DC, that is one little ghetto of a city and outside of the tourist areas, I hear it looks like a Thriller video, with cracked out zombies reaching into cars at stoplights. They even caught Mayor Barry, doing CRACK!
Marion Barry arrested for stalking - Redlasso.com
Los Angeles is absolute third-world compared to DC.

Have you seen the huge education and income difference between these two regions?

Washington is one of the nation's most educated and wealthy. Los Angeles is one of the nations poorest and least educated regions.

And Los Angeles looks far more dumpy than anything you'd see in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles