Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 AM

7 posts, read 50,612 times

Advertisements

Because of Government gridlock and high taxes the future of California does not look real bright.Enviro Wackos and high tax are driving the state in the ground.If you are thinking of moving to California do the research BEFORE you move and think seriously long and hard.The jobless rate is 30% above other states.

In California Cool is the Rule, but Sometimes, Bad is Bad | Newgeography.com

Old 08-15-2010, 09:38 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,279,383 times
Where do you live? I'd like to head over to your cities forum and list out all the negatives for everyone. All of your posts here are just ripping apart LA. Why so bitter? Did it eat you up and spit you out?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,342,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
Where do you live? I'd like to head over to your cities forum and list out all the negatives for everyone. All of your posts here are just ripping apart LA. Why so bitter? Did it eat you up and spit you out?
He's a New York troll who despises California; in other words a tasteless boor with major inferiority issues.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,262,303 times
The East Coast is stagnant and tired.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,126,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastPirate View Post
Because of Government gridlock and high taxes the future of California does not look real bright.Enviro Wackos and high tax are driving the state in the ground.
Yeah, blame the "Enviro Wackos" for California's problems. Without them, you'd be "breathing" LA's air with a spoon.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:17 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,030,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
He's a New York troll who despises California; in other words a tasteless boor with major inferiority issues.
Maybe he's jealous because he has to live there and wishes he could live here. Envy is a powerful motivator.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:22 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,216,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
The East Coast is stagnant and tired.
I wouldn't say THAT, but it still sucks.

People just seem unhappy here (on the east coast), so it's not surprising to me that someone in NY would go out of their way to go on a forum just to be bitter.

People work too hard, sweat their butt off or freeze their ass off, and have to deal with unfriendly/reserved/rude people (they call it being "real" here) on a daily basis. I generally think of the East Coast as an unhappy place. I'm very much looking forward to moving back to the west coast.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,229,475 times
But that's what the haters do- must have alot of time on their hands. It says alot about their disposition, if you ask me. I mean, who would go OUT OF THEIR WAY just to do that? I don't know of any Angeleno posters who are that petty.

On a somewhat related note, Steve Lopez really laid into Lady Gag-me. uh Gaga or all people for similar comments in today's paper:

Squinting at the distant paradise - latimes.com

I wonder if the people who paid to see her know what she REALLY thinks of them and their City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
I wouldn't say THAT, but it still sucks.

People just seem unhappy here (on the east coast), so it's not surprising to me that someone in NY would go out of their way to go on a forum just to be bitter.

People work too hard, sweat their butt off or freeze their ass off, and have to deal with unfriendly/reserved/rude people (they call it being "real" here) on a daily basis. I generally think of the East Coast as an unhappy place. I'm very much looking forward to moving back to the west coast.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,876,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastPirate View Post
..........Enviro Wackos and high tax are driving the state in the ground.
You lost me and probably 90% of others who were going to read your thread when you said the part in bold above.

You just stay on the east coast there Mr. Palin. We'll be fine here in Los Angeles.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,216,609 times
That's actually a great article! Very funny & very true.

If I may quote:

"L.A. is so culturally, politically and economically significant not just in the country, but in the world, that outsiders feel entitled to attack, to simplify and to memorialize their illusion of superiority."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdahammer View Post
But that's what the haters do- must have alot of time on their hands. It says alot about their disposition, if you ask me. I mean, who would go OUT OF THEIR WAY just to do that? I don't know of any Angeleno posters who are that petty.

On a somewhat related note, Steve Lopez really laid into Lady Gag-me. uh Gaga or all people for similar comments in today's paper:

Squinting at the distant paradise - latimes.com

I wonder if the people who paid to see her know what she REALLY thinks of them and their City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles