Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 PM

14 posts, read 52,269 times

Advertisements

Great information on this site! After narrowing down apartment complexes based on affordability (<$1050 for a one-bed, close to USC), I've come across Tuscani Villas. These apartments are halfway between Macarthur Park and the Disney Concert Hall. They've earned rave reviews on ApartmentRatings.com. Does anyone know if these are located in a safe neighborhood (particularly come nighttime)?

I've lived in NYC and Boston before and know how to keep my common sense and wits about me at all times, so I don't mind "urban" areas. I do, however, enjoy running outside as early at 6:00 a.m. and as late as 8:00 p.m.

Knowing I'm a mid-20s single gay guy moving to LA for a job (aka no friends), are there any other neighborhoods I should look at? I fear WeHo is too far for daily commutes.

Thanks for your input!

(Tuscani Villas :: A Taste of Luxury in Downtown LA is the website for this property)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 AM

114 posts, read 452,645 times
I actually visited the Tuscani Villas about 2 1/2 years ago before we moved(came from Charlotte, NC). Personally, I would NOT want to live in that neighborhood. And it was during the day. The apartments themselves were decent, but the surrounding environs left something to be desired. It was urban, which I also have no problem with, but it also felt somewhat rundown and unsafe.

Where will your job be?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM

14 posts, read 52,269 times
I will be working at USC (3.5 miles away--that was a huge plus for me!). I'm also coming from Charlotte, NC, so your input would be fantastic! Thanks!

Old 08-16-2010, 01:47 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,457,615 times
Have you thought of phoning the police department for that area? They should be able to offer some guidance.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:54 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,457,615 times
Here is where you can check crime in an area based on zip codes and police departments...

Crimes › 90017 | EveryBlock Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Los Angeles - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles