Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:03 PM

7 posts, read 31,659 times

Advertisements

Alright, for those who are getting to this post and who might be interested in the results of this topic, after a couple of weeks spent in L.A, we found out that the most-convenient location was Pasadena, so I am now driving on a nearly daily basis from Pasadena to Temecula. Approx. driving time is 1 hour and commute is not bad if I leave at the right time (7 to 7.30 am). Feel free to get back to me for any question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 01:02 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,597,484 times
Wow.... you make great time. It's taken me 1 1/2 hours just from the Westside to Pasadena during rush hour. I know one of my neighbors lives out here with her aunt in an apartment and goes back to her mcmansion in temecula for the weekends since the traffic the opposite way is so bad.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 AM

4,536 posts, read 10,587,287 times
Ugh. I thought about Monterey Park/Alhambra area to Temecula. ~80 miles. Bleah. And no walk in the park to get to UCLA either.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM

964 posts, read 2,641,419 times
Nobody asked what the gf hours will be at UCLA. Is she a student? and 8-5 person? Student hours are like commuter hours.

Without knowing much more, I'd try to favor the student. The guy will be going slightly against traffic in the morning. Live closer to UCLA. Her hours probably vary, she may have to make impromptu trips there for studying, labs, research, etc.

Problem is, I still don't know how this could be done without something horrible for driving or living in a risky neighborhood.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM

4,536 posts, read 10,587,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyves View Post
Alright, for those who are getting to this post and who might be interested in the results of this topic, after a couple of weeks spent in L.A, we found out that the most-convenient location was Pasadena, so I am now driving on a nearly daily basis from Pasadena to Temecula. Approx. driving time is 1 hour and commute is not bad if I leave at the right time (7 to 7.30 am). Feel free to get back to me for any question!
Its 78 miles at minimum. Thats from the most eastern part of Pasadena to the most northern part of Temecula.

I don't see how thats an hour drive. Even if you do 80 on the freeway the whole way(impossible IMO), theres still some degree of street driving.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM

7 posts, read 31,659 times
Basically, my GF is having courses at the end of the day (from 6.30 to 9.30 pm), so she is against the traffic at these hours.

From my side, there are 80 miles from Pasadena to Temecula, which would normally mean 1h10 drive @ 70 mph, but in reality takes me 1h, who knows how. The traffic in that direction is alright, some rush hours that I manage to avoid, the opposite traffic is a nightmare.

Personally, I guess this was our best option, of course it's not very pleasant to spend 2 hours per day in my car and drive such a distance every morning and every evening, but it is fine for 6 months.

@pleasantmommy: that's the main issue, if you want to live in a nice and safe area, Pasadena is the first option...
@smokingGun: are you driving everyday from Westside to Pasadena? Long drive in the commute...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles