Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 AM

51 posts, read 158,073 times

Advertisements

how many years of college does it take to become a doctor, including undergraduate studies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,497,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainbow View Post
how many years of college does it take to become a doctor, including undergraduate studies?
4 years undergrad, 4 years med school = 8 years.

Then internship, residency, specialty = ? years.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 AM

just because a person has a BA/BS doesn't mean they should already know how many years it takes to become a doctor. please just help me by answering the questions and refrain from making insulting jokes.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 AM

what is the nearest university to LA that offers a chiropractor degree, or a degree in holistic medicine?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:35 AM

287 posts, read 545,246 times
OP, are you a California resident? If you're not a CA resident, gaining admission to any of the UC Medical Schools will be very very difficult. Anyways, good luck OP. The journey to medicine will be arduous and will require a LOT of sacrifice but if you really find it in your heart to become a physician, then when it comes time to apply, you will look back at what you've done and find nothing more but satisfaction. If you have any more questions OP fire away. I will be applying to various medical schools this coming cycle so wish me luck!

Last edited by basketballakev; 01-31-2011 at 04:49 AM..

Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 AM

yes i'm a ca resident. are there any universities in or near LA which offer a major in alternative/holistic medicine?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 AM

just because a person becomes interested in a particular career doesn't mean they automatically know all the colleges in the state that offer majors in that career. if i already had the answers, i wouldn't be asking. i am asking in this forum because i'm interested specifically in the colleges in the LA area, not just any area in the u.s. people here have been able to answer my questions thus far. you, nita, have not been very helpful. if you can't or won't answer my questions, or you just want to insult me, then please don't bother replying to my topic. why do you keep coming back to this thread if you have no helpful answers to provide? don't you have something better to do than make snide remarks?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM

245 posts, read 709,886 times
Check out the student doctor network at Student Doctor Network*|*An educational community for students and doctors spanning all the health professions. . It encompasses a wide range of practice in healthcare and you'll definitely be able to get more specific answers there. Just be warned that some of the users can be brutal there.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 AM

thank you for the info, frosty. and thank you to everyone else who has done their best to assist me. some users can be pretty brutal here too.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,210,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainbow View Post
thank you for the info, frosty. and thank you to everyone else who has done their best to assist me. some users can be pretty brutal here too.
You also asked about Nursing in another post. You can become an RN in 2 years if you have completed the prerequisite classes, IE, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and with a grade of B or higher for each of the three classes. In many cases you also need to have your CNA out of the way. (Certified Nursing Assistant) And you also need a CPR card for healthcare providors. Getting into any program is based on a point system. You have a Bachelors degree now. That will give you so many points and could propell you to the front of the line. Nearly all programs have a wait list. I would choose nursing for one reason, the pay back. Go to med school and if you are footing the bill you will end up spending many years paying back the money. As a nurse you can start making very good money as soon as you graduate. Within a few years you could be a member of the 6 figure club, making over 6 figures a year. You could go on to learn diciplines within medicine that pay very good. For example an Anethesia Nurse can get $125 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles