U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,081,936 times

Advertisements

Anyone who's ever taken the Metro Blue or Gold Lines should check this out.

The Source » Draft Study for Regional Connector Released: Connecting the spokes of county’s transit system

In a nutshell:

- 4 new stations Downtown - Little Tokyo/Arts District Station (if it's still called that) could move to 2nd & Central.

- Gold Line East side + Connector + Expo becomes the new Gold Line.

- Blue Line + Connector + Gold Line from Union Station to Azusa becomes the new Blue Line.

Personally, I hope the Locally Preferred Alternative is the all-underground one as that seems to make the most sense.

Last edited by K 22; 09-03-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 AM

787 posts, read 1,772,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K 22 View Post
In a nutshell:

- 4 new stations Downtown - Little Tokyo/Arts District Station (if it's still called that) could move to 2nd & Central.

- Gold Line East side + Connector + Expo becomes the new Gold Line.

- Blue Line + Connector + Gold Line from Union Station to Azusa becomes the new Blue Line.

Personally, I hope the Locally Preferred Alternative is the all-underground one as that seems to make the most sense.
I agree...hope the all underground alternative is selected.

Bottom line is this will GREAT for downtown and the region as a whole. I only HOPE it gets built SOONER rather than later.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,897,264 times
Looks good and will speed things up considerably thru Union Station into downtown. I see that the feds declined to fund the streetcar proposal for Broadway.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:21 PM

7,164 posts, read 20,111,652 times
2019 completion for 2 miles, wtf? i hope this 30/10 proposal goes through.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 PM

787 posts, read 1,772,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
2019 completion for 2 miles, wtf? i hope this 30/10 proposal goes through.

Yes...and in a bad economy when we need the jobs and the economic impact. The long term benefits from a transportation perspective are huge. The shovels should start digging tomorrow.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,020,416 times
Agreed. 30/10 is the way to go. And I prefer the underground alternative as well- I just hope they don't take out the Atomic Cafe (now a Senor Fish) block in the process, or the Weiland.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:45 AM

237 posts, read 613,236 times
Yes, I have been waiting for the RTC, however, the poorly designed (a rush redesign at the last moment to accommodate the Blue Line that was originally planned to end at Pico Station) 7th Street Metro Center is gonna get slammed with the Expo line and the coming RTC. Oh, and 7th Street Metro Center is also the ugliest and most banal of all the stations. The flow in order to get from one side of the Blue Line platform to the other or trying to get from the east platform to the west portal at Fig and 7th is a sad joke. Most people just go down to the Red and Purple line platforms, run through getting in everybody's way, then sprint back up the escalator to exit at the 7th and Fig portal.

You get the picture. I sure hope they do a big redesign of that station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: