U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 AM

436 posts, read 446,860 times
Short answer, the Liberals in Sacramento refuse to live within their means, and if they need more money, simple raise taxes, just call them fees so no one will know and no vote is needed. The politicians have ruined this state, schools have closed basic services cut, the illegals can have this place, the politicians are handing it over to them anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM

749 posts, read 908,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
Massachusetts has Proposition 2 1/2. It was actually Proposition 2 but during the campaign it became known as Prop 2 1/2 because it limited property taxes to 2.5%. However, I don't know if it follows any of the other parameters of Prop 13. Therefore, it's likely no other state has a measure identical to Prop 13, but I'm sure some or even many states have some limitations on property taxes and how much a person can be taxed on what would otherwise be a gain on paper only.

Interesting. I didn't know that but it is still is MUCH higher than the base rate set by Prop. 13 (1%).

Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 PM

8,267 posts, read 9,405,841 times
I dont see how ca can be 20 billion dollars in the hole when the state takes in billions by stealing from us.

Its mind blowing!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:25 PM

315 posts, read 352,714 times
it is coz we have dumbasses like a clown actor Arnold running California like a movie land California is not all about Hollywood !! We need jobs and life !!! give us back our old California !!!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:49 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,447 posts, read 1,260,697 times
check the mayor's pockets.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM

4,340 posts, read 2,123,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
it is coz we have dumbasses like a clown actor Arnold running California like a movie land California is not all about Hollywood !! We need jobs and life !!! give us back our old California !!!!!
The governor does not spend the money, the state legislature does.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The governor does not spend the money, the state legislature does.
he have the final say and the state politicians sucks than

Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
he have the final say and the state politicians sucks than
Arnold is not a great governor by any means but he is not the problem with California. California has been controlled by the left for longer than I can remember and it’s the left that has decimated our once great state. California is currently in a death spiral with no capability to recover before an implosion. Californians and companies are already over taxed and over regulated but the state still has no choice now but to significantly increase taxes/fee’s and severely cut the budget and services. It is going to get real ugly and real quick. Companies have been leaving for many years because of the situation but recently and in the near future you will see a major pullout. People are also pulling up roots and looking for a better chance to survive. California is a sanctuary state for illegal migration so you will see a significant influx in the illegal population. Like I said, it’s going to get real ugly so you should think about being prepared.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Arnold is not a great governor by any means but he is not the problem with California. California has been controlled by the left for longer than I can remember and it’s the left that has decimated our once great state. California is currently in a death spiral with no capability to recover before an implosion. Californians and companies are already over taxed and over regulated but the state still has no choice now but to significantly increase taxes/fee’s and severely cut the budget and services. It is going to get real ugly and real quick. Companies have been leaving for many years because of the situation but recently and in the near future you will see a major pullout. People are also pulling up roots and looking for a better chance to survive. California is a sanctuary state for illegal migration so you will see a significant influx in the illegal population. Like I said, it’s going to get real ugly so you should think about being prepared.
damn so i guess i should just stick around in Florida ? i am thinking of moving to LA as i just graduated from college in Florida .. is Florida in worse state too ?

i need to build my career where should i go

Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
damn so i guess i should just stick around in Florida ? i am thinking of moving to LA as i just graduated from college in Florida .. is Florida in worse state too ?

i need to build my career where should i go
I would go to where the jobs are in your field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles