U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me why so many LA drivers feel the need to play their music so loudly, and with the addition of sub-woofers, that they shake every car within a 2 mile radius of themselves? Is anyone else annoyed and physically affected by this incredible rudeness?

Whenever one of these idiots pulls up near my car I feel physically sick and my nerves get really jarred.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Here&There
2,208 posts, read 3,500,953 times
Reputation: 2414
It's not just L.A., it's part of a subculture just about everywhere.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,545 posts, read 14,037,847 times
Reputation: 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Can someone please tell me why so many LA drivers feel the need to play their music so loudly, and with the addition of sub-woofers, that they shake every car within a 2 mile radius of themselves?
You've encountered a "boom box." It's a fad with a certain ... segment ... of the motoring public. If the vehicle looks like it would scrape if it drove over a thickly painted crosswalk then it's "slammed." Uh... popular with the same "segment" of the public. Many of these vehicles have extremely dark tinted windows too.

With murderers and rapists and robbers going free don't look to the police to do anything about it. In theory the loud music is dangerously loud and might distract the driver and cause an accident, might prevent the driver from hearing the siren of an emergency vehicle. (It might even kill low flying birds.) I suspect the lowered suspension might be some sort of vehicle code violation too, or maybe not.

I pretty much just grit my teeth and slow down or speed up or wait for the light to change. The real bummer is when one of these drives past my house late at night or early in the morning and wakes me up. I've heard a few coming from over a block away (thump! thump! thump! thump-thump! thump! thump! thump! thump-thump!) and I think homicidal thoughts and eventually fall back asleep and dream homicidal dreams.

There isn't really much you can do except like it or lump it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

I pretty much just grit my teeth and slow down or speed up or wait for the light to change. The real bummer is when one of these drives past my house late at night or early in the morning and wakes me up. I've heard a few coming from over a block away (thump! thump! thump! thump-thump! thump! thump! thump! thump-thump!) and I think homicidal thoughts and eventually fall back asleep and dream homicidal dreams.

There isn't really much you can do except like it or lump it.
Yep, I get the same rude awakening late at night / early morning and it drives me bonkers! I already have a hard time getting to sleep due to the constant noise in this building and this just makes it worse. Going up to the car with a baseball bat sounds enticing as well
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Living on the Coast in Oxnard CA
15,370 posts, read 25,567,363 times
Reputation: 19641
Got to love the future deaf. I bet that they can afford all that loud stuff for the cars but have a hard time paying for the medical needs that they will have in the future. It will be out fault though and we the people will have to fix the problem that they created to their hearing. LOL

I would love to stick a shotgun into one of those cars and blast the entire system out. Good thing I am a law abiding citizen. Would make a cool part of a movie though just to see it happen. I always say if you can't do it in real life, then make a movie about it just to see how it would look. LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
2,685 posts, read 6,147,036 times
Reputation: 2355
Whoops..I'll put down my speakers next time
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Yucaipa, California
9,599 posts, read 17,698,995 times
Reputation: 6248
Maybe if they played oldies i wouldnt mind it too much. Cops will ticket them if they want to.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Got to love the future deaf. I bet that they can afford all that loud stuff for the cars but have a hard time paying for the medical needs that they will have in the future. It will be out fault though and we the people will have to fix the problem that they created to their hearing. LOL

I would love to stick a shotgun into one of those cars and blast the entire system out. Good thing I am a law abiding citizen. Would make a cool part of a movie though just to see it happen. I always say if you can't do it in real life, then make a movie about it just to see how it would look. LOL
Thats a great idea! I wonder if Jason Strathem or Stallone are up for the part, LOL! Hmmmmm....but with the current popularity of reality tv we might be able to do it ourselves and get away with it in the name of entertainment
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Whoops..I'll put down my speakers next time
Was that you outside my building last night?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Maybe if they played oldies i wouldnt mind it too much. Cops will ticket them if they want to.
Yea! Something really old fashioned, like AC/DC or Ted Nugent!!!

What we could do is annoy them back. Get big ass systems in our own cars and play the Bee Gees and Bay City Rollers at full ear bursting volume. Once we have them sniveling and begging we can make a deal
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top