U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should LA have a NFL team
yes 49 65.33%
no 26 34.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:25 AM

2,847 posts, read 6,190,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The loooosssseeeeerrrrrrsssss are the people who attend ComicCon.

This use to be true however ComicCon has become extremely mainstream. Think about it, just about every big budget summer movie comes from ComicCon. IronMan, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Batman, etc. Sci-fi and comic stories have become the norm now.

Regarding the OP topic, hell no we do not need a team here. There are way too many idiots still loving the Raiders. I really do not understand why people in LA love the Raiders. They were here what, 12 years and sucked for the vast majority of those years? They went back to Oakland because they think LA sucks. But yea, they do have "cool" colors so its ok to like them.

I really like how LA considers Walnut / City of Industry apart of LA now. Walnut is pretty much the last city in LA county and a 20 mile drive from Downtown LA but lets make it "LA's" team.

Any city who gets an expansion team sucks for the first 5 years...at least. The Jaguars and Panthers had good success at about the 7 year mark. Look at the Texans now, they are a top tier team and they started in 2002. My point is, LA fans are the most far-weather fans in the nation. There is a reason why the rest of the country makes fun of us with the "I'm gonna leave the game during the 7th inning so I can avoid traffic" jokes...its because they are true. The team would get very little fanfare until they get good. If they get little fanfare, a large portion of the profit is from ticket sales. So if they don't sell seats, they will do a blackout for LA like they do in San Diego with the Chargers now.

That sounds like a great idea...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 PM

3,552 posts, read 5,370,526 times
really if you think about it, many of LA's big time sports teams came from somewhere else. The Lakers were from Minneapolis, the Dodgers came from Brooklyn, the Clippers came from San Diego, etc.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM

69,156 posts, read 79,283,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
really if you think about it, many of LA's big time sports teams came from somewhere else. The Lakers were from Minneapolis, the Dodgers came from Brooklyn, the Clippers came from San Diego, etc.
yep and the San Francisco Giants for New York. It is pretty hare do build a team from scratch..

Nita

Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 PM

282 posts, read 540,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I know there are a lot of Raider fans in LA; maybe as many as there are Charger fans. I don't think there are many Rams fans however. I wish the NFL would start a new franchise for LA because the Chargers should stay in San Diego and Raiders in the Bay Area. We don't want to lose any teams but rather gain another team in California. I wouldn't mind if the Jacksonville Jaguars were traded to LA though.
The Jags aint going anywhere bubba. The Raiders is LAs team. Believe it.

Haters are funny.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:01 PM

282 posts, read 540,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course they should, the second largest city in the USA and no national football team, how sad and rediculous.

I look for one of the teans that are not drawing in their area (like Jacksonville) to move, but God only know when that will be.

Yes, they need a new stadium and have been talking about this for ages.

Why would anyone think the Los Angeles area doesn't need a team?

Nita
Lies told by the media....get your facts right. Jacksonville sold out 3 games in a row this season, no blackouts....BUT San Diego, Tampa Bay, St Louis & Oakland cant say the same thing. Keep Jacksonvilles name off your fingers lady. The Jags are not moving.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 13,436,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

I really do not understand why people in LA love the Raiders.
RaiderNation is everywhere, not just Oakland or L.A. But they did happen to play there for a while, no?

For those who wear the colors but seem to have little connection with or knowledge about the actual team, you can blame NWA.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 AM

2,739 posts, read 4,066,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
There is some talk about that and I want to put in my 2 cents.
I do not want an NFL team in LA, all it would do is collect more traffic that I have to drive on and most people are already loyal to other teams.
Remember the rams games, the coliseum and Angel stadium never sold out.

What are your opinions,
Do you think LA should have a team and would you support them if a team moved here
I'm kind of on the fence because there are too many thugs that go to games just to start sh-it. That's why I don't go to Dodger games or USC games. It's just a buzzkill because the lowlifes are too stupid to have clean fun. So F it, I won't go if they go. If LA can find a way to keep the bad element out, maybe keep ticket prices high, then who knows, a new team could be successful. You can't put the team in OC because the fans are too soft....so yeah I'm on the fence. Maybe put the team in Ventura County, 1000 Oaks, Camarillo--then charge an arm and a leg for tix?

Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,502,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I'm kind of on the fence because there are too many thugs that go to games just to start sh-it. That's why I don't go to Dodger games or USC games. It's just a buzzkill because the lowlifes are too stupid to have clean fun. So F it, I won't go if they go. If LA can find a way to keep the bad element out, maybe keep ticket prices high, then who knows, a new team could be successful. You can't put the team in OC because the fans are too soft....so yeah I'm on the fence. Maybe put the team in Ventura County, 1000 Oaks, Camarillo--then charge an arm and a leg for tix?
lol, Dodger games have so many lowlifes there.

They could renovate the Rose Bowl and put an NFL team in Pasadena. That has never really crossed my mind before.

Quote:
Of course they should, the second largest city in the USA and no national football team, how sad and rediculous.

I look for one of the teans that are not drawing in their area (like Jacksonville) to move, but God only know when that will be.

Yes, they need a new stadium and have been talking about this for ages.

Why would anyone think the Los Angeles area doesn't need a team?

Nita
Not as sad as having a pro football team in the second largest city in America and have the games blacked out

Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM

2,739 posts, read 4,066,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
lol, Dodger games have so many lowlifes there.
They could renovate the Rose Bowl and put an NFL team in Pasadena. That has never really crossed my mind before.
Not as sad as having a pro football team in the second largest city in America and have the games blacked out
Pasadena seems like a good spot but I have heard that one of the conditions for the NFL to LA is a NEW STADIUM that can host a Super Bowl. The owners don't want anymore renovations on 85 year old stadiums, ie. Soldier Field in Chicago. Also, the residents above the Rose Bowl have much pull and don't want the NFL there. So...that's what I've HEARD.

Last edited by Jay100; 10-04-2010 at 01:11 AM..

Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 AM

107 posts, read 162,393 times
Quote:
come on, explain the draw in the NY area,Dallas, Wash DC, are you saying nothing going on in those areas???

BTW, many teams do sell out, the areas that do not sell out, didn't sell out 5 years ago either.

Nita
NY and DC are nearly as cold as the Midwest in the middle of winter. Texas is a whole other ball of wax. Football is worshiped down there from the elementary school up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles