Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,030 times

Advertisements

I have never been to california, but i'd love to live there! the weather, the beaches, the diversity of cultures and groups, the celebs - all are spot on with my lifestyle! I would like to visit on vacation to see first hand how i feel there, but i don't know where to start and i don't know what to do once i get there. I know LA, San Diego, & San Francisco are my general places of interests. i am in a LTR, we have no kids, & we both have cars. We are interested in not only checking out touristy spots, like hollywood walk of fame, universal studios, nightclubs, etc, but we also want to check out beautiful scenery (silver lake?) beautiful beaches, etc on a budget. we don't care about shopping on rodeo dr, or eating at expensive restaurants. i know u can use public transportation to get around LA, so u could live far away from work & commute cheaply. but what about the other cities? any comments would be appreciated! u could also email me and we can chat or something. [EMAIL="jrbyro@gmail.com"]jrbyro@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbyro View Post
I have never been to california, but i'd love to live there! the weather, the beaches, the diversity of cultures and groups, the celebs - all are spot on with my lifestyle! I would like to visit on vacation to see first hand how i feel there, but i don't know where to start and i don't know what to do once i get there. I know LA, San Diego, & San Francisco are my general places of interests. i am in a LTR, we have no kids, & we both have cars. We are interested in not only checking out touristy spots, like hollywood walk of fame, universal studios, nightclubs, etc, but we also want to check out beautiful scenery (silver lake?) beautiful beaches, etc on a budget. we don't care about shopping on rodeo dr, or eating at expensive restaurants. i know u can use public transportation to get around LA, so u could live far away from work & commute cheaply. but what about the other cities? any comments would be appreciated! u could also email me and we can chat or something. jrbyro@gmail.com
Hotwire

HOTWIRE HOTWIRE HOTWIRE your trip. I can't stress it more. Hotwire has one of the cheapest and best deals in town for most flights and hotels to Los Angeles. You can get discounts and ticket sales to various events and places right from the site. They also have the cheapest deals for taxis to and from your hotel.

If you want to LIVE in LA, I would renting out a room in a shared apartment like most 20-somethings in LA are doing. All you have to do is go to Los Angeles craiglist. Loads of deals. Expect to pay $400-800 for a room. Depending on the location. Usually you get your own room and bathroom and the rest of the apt/house is occupied as well. But they are an excellent, cheap, and QUICK way to establish a residency or place to call home in LA if you are desperate to move here as early as possible.

Craigslist: Los Angeles Shared Rents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles