U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 PM

491 posts, read 629,844 times

Advertisements

Movie Premieres, Hollywood, CA.

I went to Hollywood the first week of June and the premier of Splice was going on. It was about 5:30pm and my two cousins and I were going to wait until the celebs started arriving, but the gf of one of my cousins was still healing from a broken ankle (she was wearing a boot) and she couldnt stand (pun intended ) it any longer so we left. And just as Joel Silver was getting there too.

I later read about all the celebs that showed up and boy was I bummed I missed seeing then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,528,831 times
Any place you see a lot of paparazzi in front of clubs for instance; there's a good chance celebrities are around. This may sound strange but I met Charlie Sheen and saw Angelica Huston, Will Farrell, Will.i.am and Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas and other celebrities at an anti-Bush rally in 2006 on Hollywood Blvd.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Status: "A Rougarou in a Subaru doing the Electric Bugaloo" (set 4 days ago)

15,243 posts, read 25,607,788 times
I used to see thenm all the time when I lived on the "west side". It was no big deal, and they don't like being bothered. I see them on occasion here in the CV too, but again, no big deal. They pee and poo just like everyone else (I think ... ). There are a few celebs in some of the groups I belong to, and one of my neighbors is a fairly big name, but again ... no big deal. They are just human beings.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:05 PM

2,318 posts, read 5,012,873 times
Sunday brunch at Patrick's in the Pacific Palisades.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 PM

16,585 posts, read 20,662,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHopeful View Post
I will try to network myself in and pray to god that hopefully I can come out with at least 1 number!
Creeeeeee-pay....

Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM

3,162 posts, read 4,701,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Creeeeeee-pay....

Yeah ... almost makes me wish i didnt recommend anywhere to look for them.

Seriously tho, they are just people, and if out doing their own thing, they shouldn't be bothered. One of the "cool" things i've noticed LA is that many people give Celebs their distance when they see them .... they're just trying to do their thing like everyone else.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 PM

90 posts, read 120,707 times
It depends what your definition of "celebrity" is. And like everyone else has said, asking for their phone numbers is kind of creepy - I mean, how would you feel if someone you don't know asked for your cell phone number? Really, asking anything more invasive than, "Hey, do you have a Facebook fan page or anything?" is inviting trouble.

If you're here when stuff is shooting at CBS Television City, wander around the Grove and Farmer's Market. They're adjacent to the studio and very convenient for people who work there to duck out and grab lunch. But remember, the key word there is "work"... they're probably ducking out for lunch or a gift-buying excursion on their lunch break; and while they're usually polite, they don't have a ton of time to talk.

If you go to Dan Tana's after midnight or so, you're nearly guaranteed to see Harry Dean Stanton, Ron Jeremy and/or Dabney Coleman. Ron Jeremy is pretty approachable, especially if you buy him a drink, but Harry Dean and Dabney aren't huge talkers. Caveat: Longtime Dan Tana's maitre d' Craig is leaving to start his own place (I believe it will be called "Craig's" - well, it's descriptive...); it's slated to open before you get here, so there's no telling whether or if loyalties will shift.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:11 PM

147 posts, read 189,305 times
no no no im not going to get their number so I can stay at home and gawk at the number and giggle every time I punch it into my phone (now thats creepy). I want to network because I want to get into the acting industry and it would be a great way to know somebody who has done it and knows the ropes (I know its not likely but I can hope). I AM NO CREEP ... yet .... muahaha

Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM

147 posts, read 189,305 times
Also I am not going to just approach and be like whats your phone number? I would tell them that I want to get into the industry, and ask if they know anyone I should get in touch with ..

Old 10-15-2010, 04:15 PM

2,807 posts, read 2,917,407 times
^trust me, thats not going to work. unless you're a super hot 20 something woman and they're horny lech director/producer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles