Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:57 PM

29 posts, read 258,947 times

Advertisements

I am new to the LA area and would like to ideas for a fun date. My boyfriend is coming to town and what else is there to do besides go to the beach? We are young adventurous people so we are open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 06:49 PM

723 posts, read 2,998,214 times
I have some fun creative ideas. Let me know when he's left town, and I'll show you PM me for my info

(Plus, remember, guys aren't as into "creative" dates as women are. I'm just sayin'...)

Old 07-06-2007, 07:09 PM

332 posts, read 2,149,324 times
theres plenty of possibilities. how old are you??

Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
Take him to a Groundlings Improv Show and go for cupcakes afterwards!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:50 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Take him to the Promenade in Santa Monica, Univeral Studios and hey how about Disneyland and oh yeah Magic Mountains. What exactly are you asking for? Then maybe we can help you out here.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryswithak View Post
I am new to the LA area and would like to ideas for a fun date. My boyfriend is coming to town and what else is there to do besides go to the beach? We are young adventurous people so we are open.
take a picnic basket and a book you both enjoy up to the getty center, have lunch in the garden, and take turns reading to each other. (you can tour the museum as well, if you like, but if you've seen it once....)

if you're looking for something more active, there are extensive hiking trails in griffith park. the park rangers will provide maps, but not guides. also, the observatory recently reopened after getting big, expensive facelift. even if you're not interested in astronomy, the hilltop is a lovely spot to catch a view of the city lights at night.

if you're bored with santa monica/venice/south bay beaches (admittedly, they're not that attractive, as beaches go.), you could take a drive south on PCH (not the fwy.) to laguna beach, a charming little "art colony" in orange county. it's the closest thing we have to "quaint" in southern california. it would take 2-3 hrs. depending upon your starting point in LA, and you'll drive past some some very pretty coastline along the way-- huntington beach, notwithstanding. consider stopping in seal beach if you want to stretch your legs or grab a snack. it's the first town you'll come to when you cross the county line, and there isn't much there, but the pier is nice to take a walk on. if you decide to do this, you have to be willing to be patient with the traffic; you can't be in a hurry, or it will be a miserable drive. i suggest getting a very early start.

i know that none of this is particularly creative, but since you're new in town, i tried to think of places that you might not have seen yet. they're all fun to me (except the hiking trails, which i've never done, although i intend to get around to it someday), but i do realize that fun is a relative concept.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Go to Old Pas or 3rd St. Promenade and have dinner and then wander around and see what grabs you. Hollywood Blvd is the hot spot for young people these days. Lots to do and it stays open late. If you want a treat and a real kick, have dinner at Yamashiro. It's perched above Hollywood Blvd with the best view around and has been everything from a private residence to a bordello.

I stayed general on these because I don't know what either of you are into.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 PM

29 posts, read 258,947 times
Well we are in our mid 20s and I know guys don't look too deep into a date as females. But I just wanted his visit to be memorable. We love going out to clubs, wine bars, and everything else that your madly in love exhibitionist couple would do. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM

723 posts, read 2,998,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryswithak View Post
Well we are in our mid 20s and I know guys don't look too deep into a date as females. But I just wanted his visit to be memorable. We love going out to clubs, wine bars, and everything else that your madly in love exhibitionist couple would do. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Hrmmm... no PM's oh well.

What did you guys end up doing?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

22 posts, read 201,289 times
I love the Groundlings suggestion...thanks for the reminder as I haven't been in years myself and I think I've got my next "date night" planned! Obviously, I second that one.

As for wine bars, there are two great ones in Pasadena:
Bodega & Magnolia
www.bodegawinebar.com
www.magnoliaonlake.com

I also think if you can get tickets to the Hollywood Bowl, that everyone needs to do that. It's a great date, just don't forget to pack a great picnic dinner (lots of places sell them too, try Bristol Farms or any specialty grocery store). You need reservations now for the Griffith Observatory, but also a great suggestion.

I'm sure I could come up with more, however, not knowing where exactly you are and how far you want to go, it is hard to help more.

How about renting a tandem bike at the beach?

Going to Catalina, especially overnight, is super fun with lots to do there too.

Whatever you decide, be sure to post back what you decided to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles