U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 PM
 
3,128 posts, read 4,819,058 times
Reputation: 1662

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
It was any different under Arnold
It was different under Arnold than under the rubber stamp of Gray Davis.

But there was only so much Arnold could to to cut costs when the legislature would not approve his budget.

Now the question is back on you. What SHOULD be done in order to balance spending, taxes, and government services? Specifics please, no vague statements.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
 
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,510 posts, read 1,458,269 times
Reputation: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Instead of all the rant you posted, my question is, "What part of the word illegal do you not understand?
Bob.
do you get your knickers in a knot when people run a red light? or deface a dollar bill to stick up on a bar wall? probably so.
you are confusing legality with morality. i personally tend to think for myself, as human history has taught us that laws are not infallible nor are they absolutes worth bowing down to without question. america is a freethinking country. my own personal ethical code considers war to be immoral. unfortunately war is not illegal. so i do not consider there to be anything wrong with marijuana use within reason, and you forget that it actually is NOT illegal for those with a prescription. so your point was?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego by way of Tucson by way of Chicago
394 posts, read 493,849 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
Brown is back !! Clown Arnold Schwarzenegger is out . No republican hell yeah !! Californians good job on saying no to legalizing marijuana
How is this good? I can't believe how ass backwards some Californians think when it comes to politics... By keeping it a 1 party system, you are accelerating California's descent into the toilet.

One party politics hasn't worked for America the last 2 years and it isn't going to help California now.

Ah-nold could only do so much without the 1 party legislature resisting him at every step.

BTW.. I am a Chicago guy looking at business schools in SoCal which is why i was watching the Cali elections.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Lake Worth
315 posts, read 380,864 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post
How is this good? I can't believe how ass backwards some Californians think when it comes to politics... By keeping it a 1 party system, you are accelerating California's descent into the toilet.

One party politics hasn't worked for America the last 2 years and it isn't going to help California now.

Ah-nold could only do so much without the 1 party legislature resisting him at every step.

BTW.. I am a Chicago guy looking at business schools in SoCal which is why i was watching the Cali elections.
Think about all the good times before Bush during the Clinton it is because of Democratic Party president Clinton what has Republican done is disaster and you still have the cheek to ask for two party system when your republican Bush ruin the country by being busybody with another country affairs waste our tax payers money !!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM
 
11,726 posts, read 24,729,612 times
Reputation: 7135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
Think about all the good times before Bush during the Clinton it is because of Democratic Party president Clinton what has Republican done is disaster and you still have the cheek to ask for two party system when your republican Bush ruin the country by being busybody with another country affairs waste our tax payers money !!!
Clinton had a republican congress for 6 years.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Lake Worth
315 posts, read 380,864 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Clinton had a republican congress for 6 years.
Still Clinton is the one help to shape America through good times
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
 
11,726 posts, read 24,729,612 times
Reputation: 7135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
Still Clinton is the one help to shape America through good times
Do you have any idea how government works or haven't you taken that class in high school yet?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,421 posts, read 2,741,997 times
Reputation: 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
do you get your knickers in a knot when people run a red light? or deface a dollar bill to stick up on a bar wall? probably so.
you are confusing legality with morality. i personally tend to think for myself, as human history has taught us that laws are not infallible nor are they absolutes worth bowing down to without question. america is a freethinking country. my own personal ethical code considers war to be immoral. unfortunately war is not illegal. so i do not consider there to be anything wrong with marijuana use within reason, and you forget that it actually is NOT illegal for those with a prescription. so your point was?

At the risk of getting into a pissin match with you, the last time I checked, "illegal" means against the law.
According to federal law, ANY use of MJ is illegal.
Here in Ca, it is legal for medical purposes only.
Recreational use is "illegal", both here, and on the federal level.
Again, what part of the word Illegal don't you understand?
Bob.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,481,056 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post
How is this good? I can't believe how ass backwards some Californians think when it comes to politics... By keeping it a 1 party system, you are accelerating California's descent into the toilet.

One party politics hasn't worked for America the last 2 years and it isn't going to help California now.

Ah-nold could only do so much without the 1 party legislature resisting him at every step.

BTW.. I am a Chicago guy looking at business schools in SoCal which is why i was watching the Cali elections.
Do yourself a favor and stay in the Midwest; a Republican in California is doomed to ostracism and ridicule. Have you looked at business schools in Oklahoma or Nebraska?; I think you would be happier close to home.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
 
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,510 posts, read 1,458,269 times
Reputation: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Do yourself a favor and stay in the Midwest; a Republican in California is doomed to ostracism and ridicule. Have you looked at business schools in Oklahoma or Nebraska?; I think you would be happier close to home.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top