U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-04-2010, 01:46 PM

655 posts, read 960,413 times
Default West Hollywood real estate question

Im going to be moving to LA soon I like west hollywood, I can afford to buy a place Ive noticed that many new condos do not have pools? why is this? the only one that I see is the hancock lofts

can someone direct me to a site that has allot of new condo listings and their websites, I already know of the " curbed site"
Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-04-2010, 03:17 PM

88 posts, read 93,355 times
The newer condos were built at a time when land costs had risen significantly, so it was all about cramming as much sellable living space as they could onto the lot. You may have to settle for a slightly older project to get a nice pool area. Try 950 Kings Road, it has a nice pool & spa area. Many units have been remodeled so they may look new enough for you. There are also many others in the area.

Mike

Unread 11-04-2010, 04:03 PM

749 posts, read 852,429 times
West Hollywood also has a lot of smaller lots which equates to fewer units and less of an economy of scale to add a pool.

Many of the larger, new projects will have a pool: The W. in Hollywood has a pool (I know not cheap) or the stalled Madrone project (West Hollywood adjacent, La Brea/Hollywood Blvd) has a pool.

This site sometimes lists new projects in west hollywood/hollywood:
Los Angeles lofts downtown los angeles loft living la lofts west hollywood loft sale rent (http://www.condosource.com/lofts/ - broken link)

Unread 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
West Hollywood also has a lot of smaller lots which equates to fewer units and less of an economy of scale to add a pool.

Many of the larger, new projects will have a pool: The W. in Hollywood has a pool (I know not cheap) or the stalled Madrone project (West Hollywood adjacent, La Brea/Hollywood Blvd) has a pool.

This site sometimes lists new projects in west hollywood/hollywood:
Los Angeles lofts downtown los angeles loft living la lofts west hollywood loft sale rent (http://www.condosource.com/lofts/ - broken link)

I saw that the madrone is now called "the avenue"

I cant find the new website for it

I thought the W was a hotel or a rental?

what do you know about it?

Unread 11-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
The newer condos were built at a time when land costs had risen significantly, so it was all about cramming as much sellable living space as they could onto the lot. You may have to settle for a slightly older project to get a nice pool area. Try 950 Kings Road, it has a nice pool & spa area. Many units have been remodeled so they may look new enough for you. There are also many others in the area.

Mike

I just looked at it, not my thing I kinda know what Im looking for

thanks anyhow

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I saw that the madrone is now called "the avenue"

I cant find the new website for it

I thought the W was a hotel or a rental?

what do you know about it?

The W Hollywood is a hotel with a condo/residential component on the top floors. Condo homeowners get all the services associated with the hotel...but they pay top dollar for it. I think the HOA's alone must be upwards of $1,000 per month.

I didn't know Madrone was renamed....

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
The W Hollywood is a hotel with a condo/residential component on the top floors. Condo homeowners get all the services associated with the hotel...but they pay top dollar for it. I think the HOA's alone must be upwards of $1,000 per month.

I didn't know Madrone was renamed....
yeah Im not down with 1000 HOA's unless the gym is complete

I saw the website how much are the condos about ? it didnt say or I Couldnt find it, ahve you heard anyhting

I go to the site Curbed allot, they have allot of real estate info

Unread 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

3,151 posts, read 3,702,911 times
Quote:
I think the HOA's alone must be upwards of $1,000 per month.

I can't imagine paying that. $12k [a year] could buy some pretty sweet "amenities" for a house without HOA fees. No thanks.

Unread 11-04-2010, 08:40 PM

1,465 posts, read 2,368,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post

I can't imagine paying that. $12k [a year] could buy some pretty sweet "amenities" for a house without HOA fees. No thanks.
I seriously doubt the HOA at the W are $1,000/month. My guess would be double that.

Unread 11-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
I seriously doubt the HOA at the W are $1,000/month. My guess would be double that.
Yes...I was being conservative...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles