U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 PM

4,961 posts, read 4,259,231 times
Also, when you do dispose of them on the street, please remember to take the doors off, so a child doesn't lock himself in and suffocate.

Sadly, this happens alot.

Last edited by marilyn220; 07-09-2007 at 11:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 PM

636 posts, read 1,761,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
yes, that's all mine needs. i clean up spills right away, and i don't shop for more than a day or two at a time when i feel like cooking, so nothing is ever forgotten in the back of fridge, and left to rot.

since this is the first fridge i've owned, i never had to dispose of one, but if i wanted to get rid of one in working condition, i would donate it to whatever charity would pick it up. if it broke down, and i wanted to throw it out, i'd call the waste disposal company and arrange for oversized item pick-up. i have never had to do this, but i know that it can be done. i don't know who you think i am, but i don't litter my city-- with big things or small ones. not everyone is a nasty pig, you know.

My 2nd paragraph wasn't aimed at you. I just used your post to mention the issue. I was talking about the pigs around the SFV who dump the fridge on the sidewalk. and They don't take the door off like Marilyn mentions.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 AM

179 posts, read 574,511 times
Fridges, old, used or crappy ones are often a pain in the ass to get rid of and replaced. Most salvage yards just want the motor and the the whole thing.

Plus most people in L.A. just store beer in their fridge and never clean it. heh.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 AM

25 posts, read 57,306 times
Tenants can file complaints with the Housing Department about a "reduction of services". This part of the Rent Stabilization Ordinance (which applies to units built before 1978) is one of the most controversial, because if the complaint is found to be legitimate, tenants can expect landlords to reimburse them for the lost service, or in this case, spoiled food. Basically, whatever conditions existed when the tenant moved in must be maintained until he/she moves out. Some tenants have interpreted that to mean cable TV or weekend brunches ...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM

13,153 posts, read 23,483,711 times
Default $2 a month more rent for a Refrigerator?

In my city the Housing Authority allows the owner to collect $2 per month extra rent on Section 8 subsidized rents if the owner supplies the refrigerator....

They say the amount is determined by dividing the cost of a basic refrigerator divided by the useful life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles