Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 623 times

Advertisements

I had a similar experience in 2008. I was not verbally or physically assaulted, but I found the experience so demoralizing that it has never left my consciousness. Can you imagine. Here I have nearly 10 years later still harking back to it. I decided to do a podcast about it on my website. In preparation for this, I began researching private roads and Granito Drive in particular and stumbled upon this thread. Once my blog is up, I will link it to this thread. Needless to say, I feel vindicated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 538 times
Default Private Road Sign on Granito

I am also going to resurrect this old thread.

Recently, I noticed a gigantic Private Road sign at the base of Granito. In years past, I was also harassed by, I assume, the same person. In my case, I like to ride my bike to the top of the street.

That’s a ride I hadn’t made in at least a few years. The gigantic private road sign makes me suspicious that someone acted on their own initiative. I’ll try to find out soon. Searching the web bring up nothing definitive.

If this is a legitimate private street, it’s just another example of the Balkanization of Los Angeles by the wealthy. If it’s not private, I intend to ride up Granito Dr.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:12 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
I am also going to resurrect this old thread.

Recently, I noticed a gigantic Private Road sign at the base of Granito. In years past, I was also harassed by, I assume, the same person. In my case, I like to ride my bike to the top of the street.

That’s a ride I hadn’t made in at least a few years. The gigantic private road sign makes me suspicious that someone acted on their own initiative. I’ll try to find out soon. Searching the web bring up nothing definitive.

If this is a legitimate private street, it’s just another example of the Balkanization of Los Angeles by the wealthy. If it’s not private, I intend to ride up Granito Dr.
Well a google guy drove up it taking photos and the sign just says "Not a Through Street". No indication it is private.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 538 times
Default There is a Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Well a google guy drove up it taking photos and the sign just says "Not a Through Street". No indication it is private.
A very large and obviously not an official sign is at the bottom of Granito. It warns that trespassers will be arrested. I know the sign is there because I visited Granito yesterday afternoon.

The google and apple map photos were no doubt made before the sign was erected.

I’m suspicious that the road is private. I pedaled my bike up to the hairpin curve and stopped. If I’d seen a resident, I would have asked about the street.

I’ll try to find out from the city if this street is indeed private. So far I’ve found nothing online, so I’m going to start emailing various city departments.

I know other streets in Southern California have similar - and far smaller - signs which are false and misleading. Malibu is rife with such signage.

On my street, one neighbor illegally painted the curb next to her property red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles