Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
why night life get dead here after 2am
I don't live in LA but this is what I've heard from people who do: it's NOT "laid back" and it's NOT 24/7 parties. People work hard and hussle just to make a living. There is little time or money to do much else. People who party all night are usually tourists on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 PM

129 posts, read 316,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't live in LA but this is what I've heard from people who do: it's NOT "laid back" and it's NOT 24/7 parties. People work hard and hussle just to make a living. There is little time or money to do much else. People who party all night are usually tourists on vacation.
Thank GOD it isn't 24/7 parties in LA- that isn't a bad thing at all!! I wouldn't want it too "laid back," either. It's like that in Florida and the customer service is horrible, horrible. People are so "laid back" in FL that everyone wants to quit working an hour before their shift ends - I experience this all the time at restaurants, grocery stores, you name it. At least people are professional and do their jobs in LA (from what I've experienced). My husband and I aren't rich but we manage to find a lot of time to have fun and get out and do things. LA is so immense and rich in opportunities that you could spend an entire day out and about, seeing and experiencing things, and only need gas money. You can't say that about many other places. I <3 LA! Maybe you shouldn't listen to so much "hear-say." You can't say what it is like until you've LIVED in LA for a while. And no, having a family member in the area doesn't count!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:33 PM

129 posts, read 316,649 times
Quote:
Because LA isn't Miami, thank God!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwriter View Post
Because LA isn't Miami, thank God!
and have ya ever wondered why anyone needs to party after 2am in the first place? This has always seemed a bit strange to me..

Nita

Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and have ya ever wondered why anyone needs to party after 2am in the first place? This has always seemed a bit strange to me..

Nita
We used to need to party after 2 a.m.! Of course, I worked at a newspaper and our shift didn't end until 1 a.m.

Florida has some crazy closing hours for bars. It all depends on what the city decides so some areas close at 2 a.m., others at 3 a.m., etc.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
We used to need to party after 2 a.m.! Of course, I worked at a newspaper and our shift didn't end until 1 a.m.

Florida has some crazy closing hours for bars. It all depends on what the city decides so some areas close at 2 a.m., others at 3 a.m., etc.
Hubby worked for the Times, but only a couple of nights a week and we didn't party after 2am. I can remember going to parties and leaving about 2am. We would then head to Norms or someplace for breakfast, but party, party that late? Nope. Maybe it was because we were married in our early 20s, all our friends were and kids got us up at 7am???

Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 AM

15 posts, read 31,615 times
The party life in Miami is absolutely amazing and crazy at the same time; however I have no judgment for those who can afford it and truly enjoy it.

Miami (South Florida), is an international party destination, sun, great food, mixed-cultures and party! People travel from all over the globe to experience the nightlife at South Beach--which is outrageously expensive but also incredibly entertaining. People watching alone is worth the ticket...

When I was younger, I didn't mind at all going out with friends; bar hoping, people watching and pulling all niters; dancing until the wee hours and coming out of a club as the sun rose up on the horizon... those were the days *sighs*

But the "Party life" comes with a very high price; and as one gets older, other matters take priorities in our life. I used to live in SoFL and about 10 yrs ago moved to Orlando--seeking a more laid back atmosphere. I must admit, the first time I heard a "Last call" at 1:30AM I was like, "What? What does that mean? Is there an emergency? We just got here!" but it was a good thing...

It is always good to have the "Choice" to change and settle in places that fit our needs and time in our life-paths.

These days you will have to force me with a magnum to keep me out of my place after 2AM, LOL!
; )

Old 11-29-2010, 09:19 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
And what are you doing to fix the problem kid?

Also, wth did you bring us from FL? Did you bring any cute, hot Cuban latinas to spice up the LA night life? You say no? Then how dare you come here and smack talk the LA night lif.........relax kid, I am just busting your balls. Well if you got hurt, then I suppose you never had a pair that I could have hurt to begin with, right?

Haha...still pulling your chain dude! Oh god! I hope you were not Black and took the "chain" bit the wrong way?
Btw, I wrote God with a lower g because another non-believer corrected me on another thread that if I am a non-believer (which I am) then I should not capitalize the 'G' even though I was only trying to be respectful toward the believers. Be a respectful hypocrite or keep it real and be disrespectful?
Since I really don't give a flying shiny silver sh.t either way, I figured I use the lower case 'G' and throw in this long, annoying explanation so either no one would get p.ssy or both sides would get p.ssy equally.

Welcome to LA! This thread, or at least my post should act like a small demonstration of the kind of craziness waiting for you in this la-la land.

Now, seriously, what the hell did you bring me from FL?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 AM

437 posts, read 811,033 times
key lime pie and tropical sunshine lol

Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM

396 posts, read 925,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's no less off topic or irrelevant than this:
Its her thread, she can put it if she wants.

I don't know whats up with you athiests, always trying to shove your views down everyone's throat.. This one guy I used to work with got offended at christmas songs and talked crap about catholics non stop (then again he was a single guy in his 30's so maybe he is taking out his frustration on God). Funny thing is, if he were talking about jews he'd be labeled a bigot.

Grow up or get laid or do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles