Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 AM

99 posts, read 570,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Of course, that $2 million house in Ladera Heights would probably be worth $3 million or so in Manhattan Beach. With real estate, it's all about location.
Right.... and same goes for Woodland Hills, Culver City, Torrance, Winnetka, Canoga Park - you'll get much more for your money in these cities than in Ladera Heights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 02:18 AM

99 posts, read 570,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdawgx View Post
Who cares as long as they are not pullin white folk out of cars kicking their face in and rioting.
There is a lot of envy-based resentment and that always seems to come from 'below'. ;-) A 'good for them' would've been worth your comment. Enough hating.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:58 PM

10 posts, read 46,887 times
its not black neighborhoods.. its poor neighborhoods.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstrak_tokatl View Post
"becoming to a neighborhood."

bad grammer?
No. BTW, you misspelled 'grammar'.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM

87 posts, read 411,289 times
i live in inglewood with alot of blacks on my street probably more than hispanic in my eyes LA does have alot of black neighborhoods. ANd for the person that posted Watts is hispanic now ya right i was just there yesterday and saw tons of blacks walking arnd oh yea iforgot to mention im white and live in the hood

Old 07-19-2007, 12:44 AM

179 posts, read 921,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
No. BTW, you misspelled 'grammar'.

i do that on purpose. For the grammar nazis (oops N wasn't capitalized!)

Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 AM

but seriously... where you talking old english style?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
no, it was middle english. anyhow its is about ecoomics. the less economically stable a place is the more people look for alternate ways to come up. some work at burger kings, others snatch and run, but you know what is great, i read the daily mirror blog on the times every so often and it highlights 1957 los angeles. even all white neighborhoods were crazy. people still killed eachother, raped, fought and stole. crime is not respectful of color. everybody does it. LA has a gang of mexicans, central americans, etc so of course they will be well represented in crime statistics. thats natural. who do you think is committing crime in other parts of the US? where no hispanics are? but if you live in 90210 or baldwin hills or what ever affluent hood, you wont have as much population density or crime. maybe some home invasion, but crime is not as frequent. rich people got money to stay away from desperate disadvantaged areas. its nothing new. its called the wrong side of the tracks. havent you ever seen outsiders? ajajajaja it happens yo.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 PM

21 posts, read 111,153 times
Baldwin Hills and Ladera Heights are nice neighborhoods. Guys who live there are all black, but their neighborhoods are nice. The word "black" has become over many years a synonym for "poor" and that's wrong. The "hispanic = trouble" trend is becoming more and more popular. That's bad.

And BTW if the car James T saw has golden rims, I'm sure the owner deosn't have to mug people on the streets to afford them. If he has to, he wouldn't be buying wheel rims. This is not GTA.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:47 AM

i don't think crime is about economics. Though i am certain that it can play a factor in the desperate. I don't see it as an underlying cause or reason. Certainly that rich gangster could have killed for those rims, or maybe he just stole them and put them on his ride. I think that it's false to say that it's economics or skin color.

I would lean towards mental issues. And my comment still stands that some crimes just aren't reported. So they don't show up in reports. Across the board. From Black, to mexicans, to hispanics to rich and poor. So the whole scale is jaded.

P.s. i've seen outsiders, but other then being a very funny movie, i ain't gonna base it in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles