Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:35 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The 5N from OC to LA is jammed all the time but there's a bunch of construction going on around there. It is sort of an exception.
Also, most games are played on Sunday, probably like 14 out of 15.
the 5 between downtown and the LA/OC border is bad more often than not, even before the heavy construction. the problem is that it's only 3 lanes each direction for much of that route. when construction is finished it will help some, but it's just a terrible freeway to begin with. the good thing about downtown is that there are many freeways to choose from to get there, i could name at least 6 off the top of my head. the real problem will be the lack of space to tailgate. there will be a serious premium to park in an open air spot where you can barbeque, probably upwards of $100 on game day. otherwise you'll be stuck in an underground lot, and i highly doubt barbequeing will be allowed in that type of situation. so if you can't (afford to) tailgate, you might as well avoid the hassle/cost of driving and parking and go ahead and take the train in. i like how san diego also has express buses (in addition to the trolley) that run from all over the region to bring fans to the games. the city/team could also run this type of service here in LA.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Personally, I would prefer the stadium not to be in downtown for the reasons we've read: too crowded, tailgating would be tough, expensive, dense neighborhoods, hoopy scoopy people walking around, maybe more risk of rough characters showing up which leads to more cops which leads to more pressure on the rest of us. I'm just comparing my experiences going to see football at the Coliseum vs Anaheim Stadium. Totally different environment. Anaheim anything goes because for the most part the fans partying in the parking lot were good natured. At the coliseum neighborhoods the parking was rough and some people were intimidating, cops were everywhere so even the good guys are paranoid about partying in the parking lot for example. Trafffic into and out of a suburban stadium would be easier vs cramped downtown.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,889,137 times
There's always going to be a hoodlum element in LA. Look at the laker riots after their finals victories.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
I have an idea. If you want an NFL team to come to LA, buy one and move it here. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles