U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2007, 07:32 PM

3,146 posts, read 5,123,264 times

Advertisements

Hey, whenever someone says that Cudahy is a terrible city, remember that he or she is saying the truth.

This article says it all: LA Weekly - General - The Town the Law Forgot - Jeffrey Anderson - The Essential Online Resource for Los Angeles

I would love to have all of these corrupt politicians and gangsters forced to take a walk of shame to prison, where they belong.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 AM

87 posts, read 274,084 times
im gotta agree cudahy is gettn pretty bad i have a freind who grew up there i use to go visit him there its was pretty run dwn but watts is way worse

Old 07-19-2007, 01:46 AM

252 posts, read 765,581 times
I wouldn't pick in Cudahy. After all, its a preview of how LA will be in, say, 2017. With Tony Villar (minus Raigosa, now), we're halfway there.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:33 AM

179 posts, read 599,490 times
hey! i got family in Cudhay! tell them to stop scratching their asses?

Old 07-19-2007, 03:17 AM

5,405 posts, read 7,893,351 times
cudahy has always been grimy. its got so many trailers on lot after lot after lot. thats what its been known for. i swear when i was in cudahy i felt like i was in some oakie as$ place. i had to work there. its changed as people hopped over to BG or further east to fontucky or somewhere out the 10. its really no different know, except for the language spoken i suppose. its still trailers, its still a tiny lil city with too many people and not enough political or fiscal responsibility. its cudahy. but it definitely aint no 103rd and grape. and actually antonio v has done a pretty decent job, with the help of bratton and others he aint doing that bad. he just needs to continue to get off the schools and stick to the roads and crime. la will be fine and dandy

Old 07-19-2007, 06:31 PM

37 posts, read 224,742 times
Default You said it theone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
cudahy has always been grimy. its got so many trailers on lot after lot after lot. thats what its been known for. i swear when i was in cudahy i felt like i was in some oakie as$ place. i had to work there. its changed as people hopped over to BG or further east to fontucky or somewhere out the 10. its really no different know, except for the language spoken i suppose. its still trailers, its still a tiny lil city with too many people and not enough political or fiscal responsibility. its cudahy. but it definitely aint no 103rd and grape. and actually antonio v has done a pretty decent job, with the help of bratton and others he aint doing that bad. he just needs to continue to get off the schools and stick to the roads and crime. la will be fine and dandy
I remember going to Cudahy when I was just in elementary school back in the mid 1990s, and even then I could see how crowded and unkempt that city was. Its sad that city is still like that. They had crowded stores and it looked like Mexico to me.

To date I have seen the town on the freeway and I have heard that tons of illegals live there. Maybe Villagarosa and company need to get their hands on the ICE a little bit more and clean up Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Norwalk, and Cudahy just to name a few. I cant even go to those cities anymore without thinking I am in Mexico.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:46 AM

actuallly antonio v would not have anything to do in these areas. let him handle LA. where are you from? and ICE, what they gonna do there? please! get on with that mess. o by the way this place does not look like mexico. that you would say that speaks volumes. do you really know what mexico looks or feels like? this just feels like an economically depressed area. some spots are a bit dodgy but most areas need very little "cleaning up" like you think. those areas and cities you mentioned have traditionally been blue collar. the southeast has been nothing but factory workers since before WWII. they still are, exceot the disparity between the rich and those that form the backbone of greater LA is a gulf growing wider by the day. those areas might be economically disadvantaged but good people live and work there. you would be better stayin away. your vibes are toxic. funny thing is that the other day i was in bell and i thought i was in the middle east. the starbucks was packed with some arab people. i even saw women in head scarves and floor length dresses. i was so excited. this is a good thing. but you would probably think theyre muslim school is training bombers. they just happen to be hard workers like most people. so little mexico is fine with out you. stay away. ajaja

Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 PM

252 posts, read 765,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
actuallly antonio v would not have anything to do in these areas. let him handle LA. where are you from? and ICE, what they gonna do there? please! get on with that mess. o by the way this place does not look like mexico. that you would say that speaks volumes. do you really know what mexico looks or feels like? this just feels like an economically depressed area. some spots are a bit dodgy but most areas need very little "cleaning up" like you think. those areas and cities you mentioned have traditionally been blue collar. the southeast has been nothing but factory workers since before WWII. they still are, exceot the disparity between the rich and those that form the backbone of greater LA is a gulf growing wider by the day. those areas might be economically disadvantaged but good people live and work there. you would be better stayin away. your vibes are toxic. funny thing is that the other day i was in bell and i thought i was in the middle east. the starbucks was packed with some arab people. i even saw women in head scarves and floor length dresses. i was so excited. this is a good thing. but you would probably think theyre muslim school is training bombers. they just happen to be hard workers like most people. so little mexico is fine with out you. stay away. ajaja
Tony Villar as done good things?
Problems is, he hasn't done anything politically! His personal life is a different manner.

Since you brought it up re: middle eastern people, try comparing that area with any areas that have majority of the city population that are immigrants and none of those would have problems like those cities on the 710.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:16 AM

i missed your point snb? last i checked middle easterners were also immigrants. i dont understand what you meant to say...

Old 07-24-2007, 02:44 AM

1,159 posts, read 2,367,188 times
Hawaiian Gardens anyone? Now THAT is a toilet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles