Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 PM

425 posts, read 955,539 times

Advertisements

Hope it works out for you, my Dad was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan back in the day, it's been a few decades since they left, he will be over it any day now....lol

If you get the job, tell Alyssa Milano I said hi, she's always at the games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,403,636 times
Dodgers for the reasons a lot of others have already expressed. Good luck...!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:17 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykick View Post
If you get the job, tell Alyssa Milano I said hi, she's always at the games.
Second that, for me too.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,403,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Second that, for me too.
Alyssa Milano at the games? 3rd that...!

Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM

425 posts, read 955,539 times
Yeah, she's a big fan, she even runs a Dodgers blog and wrote a book about being a Dodgers fan.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,085,564 times
**BIG UPDATE**

First off, thanks to all of you with such positive feedback and response. I don't think I updated you all about my 2nd interview, but to me, it went better than the first time. Following the interview, they told me they would contact us the following week about the job offers.

Earlier this afternoon, I received a phone call from the Dodgers offering me the position! Pending a background check, all should be clear and ready to go. I was so ecstatic after hanging up with them. It's honestly a dream come true, and I can't wait to see what comes out of this.

Now, I just have to begin my apartment search, so hopefully I will get some info and tips about certain areas there. I've done some research, and might come with questions about what I've found, but that will come at a later time. For now, I'm just going to enjoy the moment these next few days, and plan for this new move and chapter in my life. Thanks again !!!

Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,132,233 times
Congrats eastontracks!

Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,013,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
**BIG UPDATE**Earlier this afternoon, I received a phone call from the Dodgers offering me the position!
WHOOP-DEE-DOO!!!!

You have no idea how happy I am for you. Congratulations!! Please keep us updated.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,257,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a resident of Texas, and I've been searching hard to get into the sports business for quite some time. I've applied to over 30 professional sports openings, but I prefer baseball out of them all. I was involved in similar projects when I was college for the baseball program, and worked in sports sales. Currently, I travel in mobile marketing.

Recently, I was hired for a part time gig for a baseball team close to Austin, Texas. It involves a bunch of customer service interaction with fans/promotional giveaways during games and such. But today when I was at work I received an e-mail from the Dodgers asking if I could come in for an interview. Their position is in the Premium department that involves servicing to clients in luxury suites, dugout boxes, and lots of guest relations/customer service type of work on game days.

My question is, which position would you consider? I do understand the cost of living out in LA, and would like to eventually move out to the area. Doing so right now may be too soon. I have the financial means to go, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to use up the savings I've been able to accumulate.

Should I stay or should I go? Both positions are similar. The job in Austin will probably have fewer hours with lower pay although both won't pay a lot. I also realize for either one, I will have to take on another job, but it shouldn't be too hard to come by as I have connections with marketing, and promotional campaigns. Of course, the Dodgers will look a lot better on a resume, but I wonder what other pros and cons there are. Thanks in advance.
Unless you want to stay in the minor leagues, then, I'd go with the Dodgers. That way you have MLB experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles