Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 PM

30 posts, read 92,558 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I work in Burbank, and my son is school age already, will be getting to elementary this year. Currently I live in Sherman Oaks, and my son will go to public school here (Dixie Canyon), which is decent enough. The middle school is Millikan here, which is fine too (am I right?)
Though, high school is Grant, which is bad. What options do I have if I stay where I live now? Other option, I am thinking to move to Encino, where they have Nestle as elementary which looks good, Portola as Middle school (decent, right?) and high school which is so-so to bad -- Reseda. The cost of apartments/condos/houses in Encino is cheaper a little bit than here in Sherman Oaks, but I'll be like 5-7 miles far from work than I am now.
Do you think there are reasonable places in Burbank itself? Where all 3 (elementary, middle and high) schools will be good?
And I know about South Pasadena, where ALL schools are perfect, but it's quite a commute, and everything is more expensive. Say, if 350K hardly but can buy something (2bdr) in Sherman Oaks/Encino, in South pasadena it's a huge question, and if so, it'll be insanely old.

Please advise! Help! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:31 PM

964 posts, read 2,640,905 times
School Performance Maps

Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,207,448 times
I'm pretty sure that single family 2 bedroom homes in South Pasadena START at around $600k. Meaning the smallest & worst house there is about $600k.

You MIGHT be able to find something under 1000 sq ft in Burbank for under $350k. You might be able to get something nicer if you look for a condo. Glendale's schools are supposedly decent too. I think Glendale & Burbank are about the same in regards to house prices.

Believe me, I would LOVE to find something decent in Burbank or Glendale for under $350k! I've been looking.... and no dice.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 AM

30 posts, read 92,558 times
but what about the schools? i am not sure that sherman oaks/encino have decent schools (middle and high look too be so-so); does burbank has better schools? i am not sure I can afford 3k/month for the private one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles