Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 10:17 PM

108 posts, read 254,494 times

Advertisements

I want to buy a home in Diamond Bar in Walnut Valley ISD. Is there any one selling the home in the area?

We ve checked the area and like it a lot.

I found out every one in thr area is selling homes by agent. Is there any one who wants to sell by owner?

6% of the home selling goes to agent. This fact makes me feel very ~~~~~.

Just IM me if you have a home for sale in Diamond Bar in the range of 500k---600k.

Realtors, please do not IM me or contact me. I have a relocation company. If I want to have an agent work with me, I have to use the ones recommended by the relocation company.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM

1,955 posts, read 10,981,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vironica.ee View Post
I want to buy a home in Diamond Bar in Walnut Valley ISD.
Any specific reason why? Yes, north Diamond Bar is Pomona Unified, which years back was an issue because high school meant Ganesha or Garey (API 1-3). That changed in 1997 when they built a new high school serving Diamond Bar and Phillips Ranch.

FWIW, API scores for Diamond Bar in the Pomona USD
8 - Armstrong elementary and Diamond Point elementary
9 - Lorbeer middle and Diamond Ranch high
10 - Pantera elementary and Golden Springs elementary

API scores for Diamond Bar in the Walnut USD ...
8 - Walnut elementary
9 - Maple Hill elementary, Castle Rock elementary, South Pointe middle.
10 - Quail Summit elementary, Evergreen elementary, Chaparral middle, Diamond Bar high.

Quote:
6% of the home selling goes to agent. This fact makes me feel very ~~~~~.
The commission gets split between the listing agent and the buying agent. Both sides are typically paid for by the seller, so it shouldn't be a worry to you, the buyer.

The thing about FSBO ... it's unlikely that you as the buyer would end up saving the commission amount. They're FSBO because THEY want to save the commission, so the sales price is probably NOT any lower.

Quote:
Realtors, please do not IM me or contact me. I have a relocation company. If I want to have an agent work with me, I have to use the ones recommended by the relocation company.
You may as well go this route and get some representation. Unless you're very familiar with real estate, you don't want to go at it alone.

FWIW, when I was house shopping, I found myself outpriced from Diamond Bar, hence buying just over the hill in Phillips Ranch instead. Schools are as well ranked, the weather is the same, the houses are typically newer (1980's instead of 1960's), and overall, a better bang-for-the-buck (bigger houses, smaller price tags). The only real difference I saw is that the zip code is 91766 (Pomona) instead of 91765 (Diamond Bar).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles