U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
 
Location: CA
1,139 posts, read 2,062,549 times
Reputation: 1050

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

I'm currently living in Encino, SFV. I've recently been offered a good job in Compton. I'm actually impressed that this company is in Compton and knows how to save their money and pay employees what they're worth rather than those pathetic start up companies in Hollywood that say they're on a budget yet they choose to be on the top floor of a luxury building. This company is offering a lot more than any other company so I'm happy to go for it.

I don't know much about affordable safe areas in Los Angeles and anywhere South from that. I've heard some things about Culver City and staying west from there but I'd like to find out more from you guys.

I will be driving around to check it out but it's still interesting to hear from others experiences because driving around in the day and night isn't the same as those that have lived there for several years.

Another thing, I do not want to move to Long Beach.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Kūkiʻo, HI & Manhattan Beach, CA
2,626 posts, read 5,998,797 times
Reputation: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
I don't know much about affordable safe areas in Los Angeles and anywhere South from that. I've heard some things about Culver City and staying west from there but I'd like to find out more from you guys.

I will be driving around to check it out but it's still interesting to hear from others experiences because driving around in the day and night isn't the same as those that have lived there for several years.

Another thing, I do not want to move to Long Beach.
Depending on your budget and what amenities you seek, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo, Westchester, Torrance, Lomita, Cerritos, and Signal Hill are all relatively safe and provide an easy commute to Compton. If your budget's a little tighter (or you want more "bang for your buck"), there are also parts of Hawthorne (Del Aire), Inglewood (Morningside Park), Lawndale (El Camino Village), and Gardena that are somewhat safe and fairly close to Compton as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Location: El Segundo/All of South Bay up to Palos Verdes
982 posts, read 1,384,629 times
Reputation: 4658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Depending on your budget and what amenities you seek, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo, Westchester, Torrance, Lomita, Cerritos, and Signal Hill are all relatively safe and provide an easy commute to Compton. If your budget's a little tighter (or you want more "bang for your buck"), there are also parts of Hawthorne (Del Aire), Inglewood (Morningside Park), Lawndale (El Camino Village), and Gardena that are somewhat safe and fairly close to Compton as well.
I lived in Gardena, borderlined not too far from Torrance nr Redondo Bch Blvd, its not that bad, it was safe for me & my girls (when I was a single parent at the time), I drove by there recently & saw the surrounding new stores & shops and it seems like its grown alot since., and its really close to Compton (use to work there too). Also a few minutes to the beach cities.

But if your ok w/distance being further, anyone of those areas mentioned are nice too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 AM
 
41 posts, read 77,122 times
Reputation: 47
Do you mind if I ask why not Long Beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
 
Location: CA
1,139 posts, read 2,062,549 times
Reputation: 1050
Thanks a lot guys. I will drive by those areas.

I don't want to move to Long Beach because I don't want to be even more further away from LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 AM
 
Location: CA
1,139 posts, read 2,062,549 times
Reputation: 1050
I think I might just stay in Studio City. I really like it there and I can't imagine the traffic being that bad once I get passed Hollywood. I remember it being like that when I worked in Torrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
 
5 posts, read 6,815 times
Reputation: 10
Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, all perfect for the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 05:58 PM
 
5,903 posts, read 6,351,297 times
Reputation: 5447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
I think I might just stay in Studio City. I really like it there and I can't imagine the traffic being that bad once I get passed Hollywood. I remember it being like that when I worked in Torrence.
Congrats on the new job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
 
829 posts, read 2,504,518 times
Reputation: 357
What side of compton will you be working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
 
Location: CA
1,139 posts, read 2,062,549 times
Reputation: 1050
South Compton on W. Artesia Blvd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top