U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 AM

90 posts, read 263,129 times

Advertisements

Is Santa Clarita a liberal place?
Would a conservative homosexual person
feel comfortable in the Santa Clarita area?

Is Santa Clarita basically a family oriented suburb?

In general, what are activities, things to do
in the Santa Clarita area?

What would be the closest cities and towns
that are more liberal?

What is the weather like?
What forms of public transportation go closer
into Los Angeles Central?

Costs of public transportation into closer in
Los Angeles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

26,346 posts, read 80,751,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averageperson View Post
1) Is Santa Clarita a liberal place?
2) Would a conservative homosexual person

3)Is Santa Clarita basically a family oriented suburb?

4) In general, what are activities, things to do

5) What would be the closest cities and towns
that are more liberal?

6) What is the weather like?
7) What forms of public transportation go closer

8) Costs of public transportation into closer in
Los Angeles?
1) Probably not but like I've written before, you really never know what your next door neighbor thinks.
2) Depends on how much traffic he waits in, how underwater he is on his house, how he gets along with his spouse and family, his employment situation, how he gets along with his boss, how he deals with any bad news from his doctor, and his finances. Other than that, he's going to feel pretty much like anyone else for the same reasons anyone else feels the way they do.
3) For the most part though there is industry there
4) Pretty much anything except surfing and skiing
5) ???
6) Dry, warm/hot summer, Dry cool comfortable winters, great fall and spring.
7) Metrolink and maybe buses.
8) Check the Metro website.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 PM

14 posts, read 28,596 times
Quote:

Is Santa Clarita basically a family oriented suburb?

In general, what are activities, things to do

What would be the closest cities and towns
that are more liberal?

What is the weather like?
What forms of public transportation go closer

Costs of public transportation into closer in
Los Angeles?
Santa Clarita is a family oriented, conservative city. Homosexuals and liberals that I've known in town find it very difficult to fit in and eventually leave.

The closest liberal areas are in the Bay Area.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 PM

1,839 posts, read 1,712,065 times
Is Santa Clarita a liberal place? No

Would a conservative homosexual person feel comfortable in the Santa Clarita area? No reason not to.

Is Santa Clarita basically a family oriented suburb? Most definitely.

In general, what are activities, things to do in the Santa Clarita area? Castaic Lake 10 minutes away, golf, Magic Mountain, bike riding club, lots of kid things to do like Hart Pony League, Little Leagues, Soccer teams

What would be the closest cities and towns that are more liberal? Hollywood

What is the weather like? Scorching hot in the summer, too cold in the winter

What forms of public transportation go closer into Los Angeles Central? Metrolink, Santa Clarita Commuter Transit bus service

Costs of public transportation into closer in Los Angeles?

Metrolink: one-way fare $8.75
Bus: $194 month

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 PM

4,028 posts, read 8,299,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
Santa Clarita is a family oriented, conservative city. Homosexuals and liberals that I've known in town find it very difficult to fit in and eventually leave.

The closest liberal areas are in the Bay Area.
He said Santa Clarita, not Santa Clara.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 AM

448 posts, read 1,339,481 times
As a fellow gay man, I have lived in Santa Clarita when I was in my late teens/early twenties and guess what? I don't live there anymore....precisely for the the reason you're thinking. Too conservative.

Would a conservative homosexual person feel comfortable in the Santa Clarita area? Let's just say, there won't be a welcome wagon for you. Santa Clarita voted yes on Prop 8. That should tell you something.

Is Santa Clarita basically a family oriented suburb? Right on the nose.

In general, what are activities, things to do in the Santa Clarita area? There weren't many things to do when I was in college. There's Castaic Lake, Magic Mountain, the mall, and eat, eat, eat.

What would be the closest cities and towns that are more liberal? I moved to the closest liberal town, North Hollywood. NoHo voted NO on prop 8. NoHo .... NoH8. In fact, coincidentally, I live a block away from a gay church with rainbow flags galore.

What is the weather like? Santa Clarita is hot as hell in the Summer. If you think the Valley is hot, you don't know hot until you've had it in Santa Clarita. Desert weather is worse than Valley weather in that the weather is more extreme. Hot during the day, and freezing at night. It actually snowed this past winter there.

What forms of public transportation go closer into Los Angeles Central? There's the Metrolink, but it's very expensive. There is also Santa Clarita Transit that goes to different hubs such as Warner Center.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 AM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
Unless you plan on debating/discussing Limbaugh/Beck with your neighbors or have sex in public, most would not know or care about your political and sexual orientation.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM

14 posts, read 28,596 times
Santa Clarita is Not fun!!!!!!!!

I'm a gay white man (40ish hehehe) and I've been here almost a year now and I can't hook up with anybody. I've done everything I'm supposed to like drive a Prius with Obama 2008 and rainbow stickers on the bumper. I even had a rainbow flag on the front door of my apartment, until the neighbors complained to the manager, and had to take it down. NOBODY GETS THE MESSAGE!

I wave to cute guys as I drive by all the time and I always strike up conversations with guys I think might be 'on the hunt' -but no takers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am I too aggressive, in the wrong city, wrong strategy?

Also, I don't do clubs or bars- too many wierdos. Please help- I'm not having fun

Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,751,010 times
Quote:

I'm a gay white man (40ish hehehe) and I've been here almost a year now and I can't hook up with anybody. I've done everything I'm supposed to like drive a Prius with Obama 2008 and rainbow stickers on the bumper. I even had a rainbow flag on the front door of my apartment, until the neighbors complained to the manager, and had to take it down. NOBODY GETS THE MESSAGE!

I wave to cute guys as I drive by all the time and I always strike up conversations with guys I think might be 'on the hunt' -but no takers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Am I too aggressive, in the wrong city, wrong strategy?

Also, I don't do clubs or bars- too many wierdos. Please help- I'm not having fun
Is it possible you're an unattractive gay white man in his 40s who can't hook up and your failures have more to do with your unattractiveness to other gays than it does with the community in which you wave to gays in?

Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM

448 posts, read 1,339,481 times
Quote:

Santa Clarita is not exactly going to roll out the acceptance parade. The gay men I know in Santa Clarita are closeted....another reason I moved to NoHo. If you decide to stay in Santa Clarita, you're going to have to meet them online unless you have friends who know other gay men.

I met one of my first boyfriends in Santa Clarita going to College of the Canyons, but I'm not sure you're going there at 40. He was closeted and didn't come out until we hung out as "buddies" for quite a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles