U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 08:38 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,065,386 times

Advertisements

I have a question about Culver City. I've read many posts with people saying stay east from Culver City and don't go west but east is closer to Baldwin Hills (aka The Jungle). I'm not a big fan of BH plus my ex boyfriend lives there.

So being closer to BH is a lot safer than Culver West? and what is this Studio Village area I'm seeing on google maps? I've never heard of that area before.

On this map I'm seeing more gangs closer to the east side than the west of Culver City.

Gangs of Los Angeles - Google Maps

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 PM

7,091 posts, read 18,429,369 times
neither extremes of culver are very nice, east or west. however, i would rather live in the eastern portion of culver city as you'd be further from the projects (mar vista gardens) and closer to the downtown area, arts district and helms bakery.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 PM

829 posts, read 2,506,674 times
The jungles are considered culver city? I didnt think that...unless i misread your post.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
The jungles are considered culver city? I didnt think that...unless i misread your post.
You misread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
closer to Baldwin Hills (aka The Jungle)

Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,369,806 times
stay in the middle!

For some reason I'd rather live at the west end of culver city becuase you're really close to mar vista and venice. sure the gardens are there but the blocks really depend. for example I have friends who live in oakwood venice and it's not the old oakwood. there's still an element of danger there but it's much better

Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
stay in the middle!

For some reason I'd rather live at the west end of culver city becuase you're really close to mar vista and venice. sure the gardens are there but the blocks really depend. for example I have friends who live in oakwood venice and it's not the old oakwood. there's still an element of danger there but it's much better
I agree. I just realised the Italian restaurant I went to a couple years back was in Mars Vista and not Culver City and I remember really liking the area.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 PM

829 posts, read 2,506,674 times
Im being that opposite of argumentive...just curious...i thought the jungles were considered baldwin villiage, not baldwin hills...thought the hills were the expensive area, and the jungles were below that(so to speak)

Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Im being that opposite of argumentive...just curious...i thought the jungles were considered baldwin villiage, not baldwin hills...thought the hills were the expensive area, and the jungles were below that(so to speak)
Yeah I think you're right actually.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,536,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
neither extremes of culver are very nice, east or west. however, i would rather live in the eastern portion of culver city as you'd be further from the projects (mar vista gardens) and closer to the downtown area, arts district and helms bakery.
Here's where you ought to try to live -
- west of City Hall
- east of Sawtelle
- south of Culver
with a few exceptions

Which is far enough away from Mar Vista Gardens. The Arts District and Helms Bakery area is so overrated...the housing stock around there, on Ince and Higuera and such, is not very nice. Furthermore, there is real industrial feel on Jefferson, and even on Washington, east of that area. Culver City may be its own municipality and has a good school district, but it has traditionally been a working class enclave surrounded by LA zip codes. Studio Village, IIRC, is a very Brady Bunch looking complex of owned townhomes in a convenient location.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:49 PM

18 posts, read 27,261 times
Quote:
Correct-o-mundo.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or