Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM

5 posts, read 8,241 times

Advertisements

Hey yall

I am a 21 y/o black chick moving from atlanta to los angeles in august with my chorkie puppy. I am currently looking to live on the westside ideally ladera heights area and ive found alot of great places on westside rentals for pretty cheap. Im willing to spend no more than $1,200 on rent for a small studio as long as the area is relatively safe and roach free. I dont need fancy granite countertops and all that jazz. Ive found lots of places on the westside and in long beach for as low as $700! But im wondering if they are too good to be true? I am not willing to get a roomate but I am open to living in other places as long as its near LA. I like to go to the beach, do tai chi, go to clubs, go out to eat, take my dog to the dog dark, shop etc so I want to live near the action

Last edited by gatocali; 06-08-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 06:22 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
$1,000 is easily obtainable for a studio apartment in almost every area of west LA, as long as you don't need a full kitchen, you can even find $900ish if you look, in decent areas. Expect to spend $1,100 if the studio has a full kitchen.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,074,702 times
The $600 to $800 ones are probably listed as bachelors, which means a hot plate and a small fridge if you're lucky.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM

203 posts, read 576,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatocali View Post
Hey yall

I am a 21 y/o black chick moving from atlanta to los angeles in august with my chorkie puppy. I am currently looking to live on the westside ideally ladera heights area and ive found alot of great places on westside rentals for pretty cheap. Im willing to spend no more than $1,200 on rent for a small studio as long as the area is relatively safe and roach free. I dont need fancy granite countertops and all that jazz. Ive found lots of places on the westside and in long beach for as low as $700! But im wondering if they are too good to be true? I am not willing to get a roomate but I am open to living in other places as long as its near LA. I like to go to the beach, do tai chi, go to clubs, go out to eat, take my dog to the dog dark, shop etc so I want to live near the action
What part of ATL are you coming from? I have been there a million times and envy how much cheaper it is.

Long Beach can be far out of the way...not sure I'd want to be there if I didn't work there. And for a studio, I can see some being $700, but believe me that you get what you pay for. You might see one for $700, one for $750, one for $800, but they're all priced like that for a reason...the $800 may be gated to where no one can walk in, the $750 may have a pool...the cheapest one could either be the biggest but least safe, OR the exact opposite and be in a nice area but way too small to live in.

I'd say to physically check out each spot you see.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM

5 posts, read 8,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Tistic View Post
What part of ATL are you coming from? I have been there a million times and envy how much cheaper it is.

Long Beach can be far out of the way...not sure I'd want to be there if I didn't work there. And for a studio, I can see some being $700, but believe me that you get what you pay for. You might see one for $700, one for $750, one for $800, but they're all priced like that for a reason...the $800 may be gated to where no one can walk in, the $750 may have a pool...the cheapest one could either be the biggest but least safe, OR the exact opposite and be in a nice area but way too small to live in.

I'd say to physically check out each spot you see.
Thanks for replying yall. Im coming from Cascade in Southwest ATL. And you are right about it being cheaper you should have seen the look on my face the first time I saw the prices

But I figured $700 would be too good to be true. Im not looking at anything below $900 at this point. LB is on my list its just at the bottom because like you said its too far away. I have started looking in Passadena and *shudder* even the IE . If I have to move to Victorville or something crazy Im just gonna stay in Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles