U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:58 PM

9 posts, read 14,272 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I was wondering how is the area around the Fox Hills Mall in Culver City, because in addition to westchester, Im also looking in Culver City. Near the Fox Hills mall, I saw so many apartments (at least over 10), that there has to be one within my price range (1000 for studio, 1300 for 1 bedroom). I wanted to ask how is the Fox Hills area in Culver City when it comes to safety and diversity? Thanks, so I can decide whether to go with Westchester or Culver City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 05:17 PM

634 posts, read 2,594,088 times
It's not a good area.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM

28 posts, read 143,963 times
dude i grew up in westchester california right by the LA airport and now i live in a very diverse venice beach neighborhood. Honestly fox hills has its share of gangsters and real rich black people and whites and hispanics to its very diverse. Im a white person who grew up in this area and trust me ull be fine to live here its nice and besides a cple gangbangers its kewl just stay out of nearby INglehood.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:34 PM

10,408 posts, read 2,351,139 times
Some friends of mine recently moved to Culver City, and love it. They are north of the area you are talking about, up near Venice Blvd. Actually they are between Sepulveda and Overland and between Washington and Venice. Near an elementary school that I cant remember the name. Well, anyway, its a diverse area, but safe & comfortable. Close to everything, too. They have apt bldgs mixed in with single family homes and duplexes, etc. Maybe you could find something in that area.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:53 PM

ya man shes right it is safe over between sepulveda and overland those are other options to

Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,645,536 times
Definitely Culver City over Westchester for renting. There is a lot more in terms of shopping and other amenities in Culver City than in Westchester, which is totally sleepy. And the area around Fox Hills Mall is fine. I haven't been over there in a while, but there are many apartment buildings that are fairly well managed and mostly consisting of younger professionals.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:45 PM

westchester is more laid back and quiet im a native of westchester and i absoulutely loved Growing up there never complained once culver city is kewl as hell though to

Old 07-22-2007, 04:26 PM

40 posts, read 133,651 times
Default About Culver City/Westchester

I used to live near that area (Westchester), but it was a long time ago. It was very nice, quiet and seemed pretty safe. Culver City is probably more diverse. I haven't lived there, but I shop there a lot. Seems safe enough and very nice. I don't know about the rental rates. But you should be able to find something in your price range. HOpe all goes well with your move. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa23 View Post
Hi all, I was wondering how is the area around the Fox Hills Mall in Culver City, because in addition to westchester, Im also looking in Culver City. Near the Fox Hills mall, I saw so many apartments (at least over 10), that there has to be one within my price range (1000 for studio, 1300 for 1 bedroom). I wanted to ask how is the Fox Hills area in Culver City when it comes to safety and diversity? Thanks, so I can decide whether to go with Westchester or Culver City.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 PM

9 posts, read 14,272 times
Hi there, well on Saturday night, I took a walk around the Fox Hills area to see how safe it was and I found that it was very safe, contrary to what some people have told me. I felt comfortable walking there and I didn't see any shady folks. From what I heard from other people, they said that the area is very unsafe and that there are alot of gangs and crime out there, but from my observations, it was quiet and nice.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM

634 posts, read 2,594,088 times
Since when is Fox Hills Mall not a gang territory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or