Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,020,514 times

Advertisements

i think umami burger is good but not necessarily great, and certainly not the best in LA. of course, burgers come in many different styles and preparation methods, so the term "best burger in town" is quite subjective and largely depends on one's own personal preferences. for instance, someone who only likes classic, simple, thin patties on basic soft rolls may not like gourmet-style burgers with thick, char-grilled patties of multiple beef blends on brioche rolls, no matter how many people rave about the latter.

in other words, take these "best of" lists with a grain of salt until you read more about each burger's preparation method, patty thickness, types of beef used, type of bun, toppings, and so forth.

personally, i like father's office a lot - much more so than umami burger - but it's really an apples-to-oranges comparison since they're so different. i don't know if i could name the absolute best burger based on my personal preferences, but for me, father's office is among the best.

check out the following post, which contains an extensive discussion about the top burgers in the city, complete with very specific details and numerous photos.

Exile Kiss: Total Carnage! Gourmet Burger Battle - 26 Beach, Umami, Father’s Office, Golden State, Morton’s, Anisette, Lucky Devils, 25 Deg., 8 oz, Rustic Canyon

the blogger who created this post - whose opinions i greatly respect - feels that the golden state in the fairfax district, rustic canyon in santa monica, and father's office in santa monica and the helms bakery district (near culver city) are the three best burgers in the city right now. i have not been to rustic canyon, but can vouch for golden state and father's office being in the top tier for sure.

the link above is useful not only for that food blogger's thoughts, but also for the comments which follow, as a number of other great LA burger joints are mentioned.

also, check out this link for more discussion about the best burgers in LA (the original post is the same as in the link above, but the following comments are different).

LA is a great city when it comes to burgers, so there really isn't any one consensus pick for tops in the city. i will say that there are probably more good-to-great independent burger joints in the LA area than anywhere else i've lived or visited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:51 PM

49 posts, read 88,834 times
Just saw on the news the other night, they mentioned Juicy Burger as one of the best in LA
Anybody know anything?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,697,447 times
Sounds too foodie to be genuinely good rather than pretentiously and smugly good.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,269,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookyman View Post
Just saw on the news the other night, they mentioned Juicy Burger as one of the best in LA
Anybody know anything?
Definitely not one of the best in LA, but Juicy Burger is the best of the fast casual burgers. They're also priced around $5 (without fries and toppings of course) so its a pretty good bargain.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,788,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Sounds too foodie to be genuinely good rather than pretentiously and smugly good.
Yep, there's overpriced, pretentious, trendy foodie best (*yawn*), then there's greasy, sloppy, juice-runs-down-your-chin-you-can-put-ketchup-on-it-we-don't-give-a-**** classic burger best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles