Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 14,079 times

Advertisements

Looking at a place on wasatch and pacific. I keep asking friends but I am getting mixed reviews. Looking for a decently priced apartment to commute to work from in Santa Monica.

Also, is there much to do within walking distance of this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,261,093 times
safe area. lots of families and its the heart of mar vista, many businesses and restaurants. just dont go too far south or east.

yes fairly easy commute to santa monica, especially south santa monica.

define "much to do" do you mean going out to eat and markets? yes. if you mean bars and nightlife, a little but not much. culver city and abbot kinney are not far at all for that though.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:17 PM

i mostly mean bars, nightlife, etc; but eat and markets is also good.

what are the more fun areas within that radius that are equally affordable?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,097,607 times
i'd say it' a ho hum area, not great, but not bad either. however, you'll have easy access to most of the westside.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,261,093 times
^ I always thought it was a very quiet area, north of Venice around Centinela to Mclaughlin. Not glitzy and glamorous but a good place to live.

OP: Maybe downtown Culver City. Lots of bars and nightlife there.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:08 AM

that 405 crossing is ridiculous.

i'll be working out of the yahoo! center. would downtown culver be too much of an issue with traffic?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:40 PM

13 posts, read 41,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbao View Post
that 405 crossing is ridiculous.

i'll be working out of the yahoo! center. would downtown culver be too much of an issue with traffic?
Not sure if you're still watching this but...I commute from downtown Culver to downtown Santa Monica. The Cloverfield exit on the 10 gets backed up constantly due to the huge number of people exiting, presumably for Yahoo center and the place across the street from it with all the offices. Lots of business in that area. But it's not bad. On average I still get from my house to Cloverfield in about 15-20 minutes. Even when backed up the exit still moves quickly.

I'm a terribly impatient person and this commute is not that bad for me, so I think you shouldn't worry about it. The 10 will always be crazy crowded but somehow it still moves.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,464,774 times
I'm originally from that neighborhood. Generally a safe area although not exciting at all. There are a few "bad streets" and "bad corners" off Venice just west of Centinela, like Wade St. or Moore St. Wade has more gang members than other streets in the area. I wouldn't consider any of the "bad streets" to be dangerous - that area's definitely not Oakwood or anything close to it- but they just demand some extra caution. I don't live in L.A. anymore but I don't remember Wasatch as ever being a bad street. It's well situated. If you want excitement, however, that's really not the place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles