Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 PM

10 posts, read 8,629 times

Advertisements

After a recent visit to L.A. I was left really concerned about the ease to get Medical Marijuana Cards once you become 18. The Centers seem to be on almost every corner in the Valley and the "doctors" are all over Venice Beach area. My teen knows other teens that are still living at home in high school that all have the cards. Have the parent's just given up now that kids are 18 and let them get these cards even though they don't have a legal medical condition? Reminds me of the 70's when there were tons of quack doctors writing scripts at the drop of a hat for pills. Is California creating a society of future dead beats just laying around or selling their cheaper weed to younger kids that can't get a card as they contribute nothing to society? The kids I am speaking of are all from weathly families living in Ventura County and Calabasas whose greatest ambition is to find the next party, next hit and maybe Jr. College at Moorpark. If I had any thought of moving my kid to Ca. that is over now and will stay in my less liberal state where there are no medical marijuana cards or centers and most kids we know go to 4 year colleges. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
weed doesn't ruin a person's life, a person ruins their own life. i know plenty of smokers who are successful. i know very few deadbeat smokers. the deadbeats would be deadbeats even if they didn't smoke pot and i'd put money on that.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:15 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadams View Post
After a recent visit to L.A. I was left really concerned about the ease to get Medical Marijuana Cards once you become 18. The Centers seem to be on almost every corner in the Valley and the "doctors" are all over Venice Beach area. My teen knows other teens that are still living at home in high school that all have the cards. Have the parent's just given up now that kids are 18 and let them get these cards even though they don't have a legal medical condition? Reminds me of the 70's when there were tons of quack doctors writing scripts at the drop of a hat for pills. Is California creating a society of future dead beats just laying around or selling their cheaper weed to younger kids that can't get a card as they contribute nothing to society? The kids I am speaking of are all from weathly families living in Ventura County and Calabasas whose greatest ambition is to find the next party, next hit and maybe Jr. College at Moorpark. If I had any thought of moving my kid to Ca. that is over now and will stay in my less liberal state where there are no medical marijuana cards or centers and most kids we know go to 4 year colleges. Thoughts?
Yeah, please use paragraphs. It's tough to read this when you're baked.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
thoughts?
you are probably one of those same parents you deride.

this is the stupidest reason to discount california as a viable and great place ot raise children.

using your logic we would have nothing but dead beat kids.
thats not the case. LA and CA have tons to offer. further, we have some of the brightest kids here. our schools have consistently won nationwide academic decathalons. its usaully a valley school. those students survived this "onslaught" of weed use. how do you think they did it? im sure they had good parents...

it helps to inform your children about drug use, one way is exposure to it. sadly, you are not doing your kids a favor.

but i must agree, it seems entirely too easy to get a medical card around here. ultimately it comes down to parents. education begins in the home.
Quote:

Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM

89 posts, read 215,083 times
Quote:
If I had any thought of moving my kid to Ca. that is over now and will stay in my less liberal state where there are no medical marijuana cards or centers and most kids we know go to 4 year colleges. Thoughts?
The kids in your state are smoking it, too. They're just not purchasing it in front of you.

Why, I'd bet even some of those kids going to 4-year colleges are stoners!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM

11 posts, read 29,195 times
Cant wait to get mine once i move there! whoo hoo!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM

PS. Everyone smokes pot. There is nothing wrong with it. I bet our president smokes it.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,288,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenusa2 View Post
PS. Everyone smokes pot. There is nothing wrong with it. I bet our president smokes it.
I don't.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Most* people do.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
Neither do I . Fact I don't know anyoone who does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles