Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM

61 posts, read 135,370 times

Advertisements

Overall..across the board. Is true men outnumber women significantly? Wouldn't this be offset by the fact LA...a lot of men in LA aren't "competition"

Applies to anywhere with a high concentration young single people. Melrose, West Hollywood, Westwood, Los Feliz, Silverlake. etc. I'm sure certain areas "offset" themselves.

Any input appreciated.

*before anyone points out..yes, it's a broad question, but shouldn't require much detail to get a general overview.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 09:27 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintime83 View Post
Overall..across the board. Is true men outnumber women significantly? Wouldn't this be offset by the fact LA...a lot of men in LA aren't "competition"

Applies to anywhere with a high concentration young single people. Melrose, West Hollywood, Westwood, Los Feliz, Silverlake. etc. I'm sure certain areas "offset" themselves.

Any input appreciated.

*before anyone points out..yes, it's a broad question, but shouldn't require much detail to get a general overview.*
What does "significantly" mean? Demographic data are available on this CIty-data website and through the census website.

Half of your sentences aren't sentences.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 PM

It's difficult to find for breakdown by age and neighborhood.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
wow who ever told you men outnumber women significantly? it's actually the other way around. now if you're a man chasing wannabe starlets, then yeah, I guess you're gonna have some stiff competition.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 AM

http://www.creativeclass.com/rfcgdb/...0Corridor_.pdf

Not sure how accurate that is, but 89K extra men seems like a lot, even for such a populated region.

I wonder what percent of those men aren't "competition". Probably a lot in certain areas.

How is it in westwood area?

Old 03-04-2011, 02:33 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyTheEntrepreneur View Post
eHarmoney...

I think the people that go to clubs & bars etc.. aren't people looking for a serious relationship.
Those are girls that like to go out & stay single, yet have a man at the same time.. You know what I mean? I had a friend that met a girl at a club- we all told him how can that possibly work out? His feelings were hurt for a while.. cause of course she also liked other guys too..

Not to sound like a dork, but I highly Reccommend eHarmoney. They have everything! You spend 25 mins to 1 hour filling out this Questioner thing, eHarmoney really gets to know you. Then they go find people they really think you would hit it off with.

You'll never know what you're missing 'til you try. I Paid $60 for 3 months in advance.
Yeah, I'll ditto what Kenny said. Dating has always been hit or miss with me. I joined eharmony and had to block further matching 3 weeks in because it was too hard to date that often.

It helps to be super honest from the start, and also to give a chance to women who appear to be perfect matches but may not be everything you like physically.

Of course this is ONLY if you are looking for a relationship, because I have yet to meet anyone who was not looking specifically for that.

And the population disparity....it REALLY varies by neighborhood. In general, there are more physically attractive women in the trendy areas like Studio City, Silver Lake, downtown, etc, and also in most of the coastal OC and LA cities.

OTOH, there are relatively fewer single women in the blue collar inland cities. It seems to me that women will stretch further than men will on rent in order to live in a safe and happening area.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,232,642 times
rockandrolldating.com is a cool site if you're really into music and it's really important to you that your potential mate be into the same type of music.

Personally, if I were dating, I would want more musical choices though. But I'd definitely use it if I were still single.

I know so many people who use OKCupid, eHarmoney, etc... to date. They all date a LOT, but most of them have yet to find "the one." My ex met his long-term girlfriend (7+ years now!) on a dating site, though! After a lot of rough (but hilarious) dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles